15 year old wants to move out, how do we make it happen?

This is a discussion on 15 year old wants to move out, how do we make it happen? within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; We live in Missouri. My stepdaughter wants to move out, she's 15 1/2 and not working. No one in our ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default 15 year old wants to move out, how do we make it happen?

We live in Missouri. My stepdaughter wants to move out, she's 15 1/2 and not working. No one in our family will take her in. Her mother has had nothing to do with her for the past 5 years. She wants to live with her friend, legally how do we do this? She has run away before, cut school, got caught shoplifting and the latest is she's been text bullying another girl. No amount of dicipline helps, we've grounded her, taken away her privileges, and nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Genei

Default Re: 15 year old wants to move out, how do we make it happen?

The only way I could think of it being legal would be if the family that takes her in adopts her, or just let her go and not make any legalities out of it. Hope that helps a little bit!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Unregistered

Why is it the step-parent is always the one showing up here asking these types of questions?

YOU can't do anything. You have no legal say in the matter. The child's parent should be adult enough to effectively raise the child. If not, let the child move in with adults who actually have a clue on how to parent.

Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

The minor may live "anywhere" both parents permit minor to live. Exceptions would be if minor would be in danger or at risk or alone. The catch is the parents would still be libel for the minor
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why is it the step-parent is always the one showing up here asking these types of questions?

YOU can't do anything. You have no legal say in the matter. The child's parent should be adult enough to effectively raise the child. If not, let the child move in with adults who actually have a clue on how to parent.
Wow, I guess some people have nothing better to do than to judge others without the whole story. I just asked a simple question, if you have nothing constructive to say, then keep your comments to yourself. FYI my husband, HER FATHER is wanting this, I'm just the one asking for help.

And I have read other posts on here from the biological parents asking similar questions. These parents who ask for help are here looking for helpful advice not to have judgemental people who know nothing of their situation come here and throw stones.

And another thing, no one in my family will take her in because they know how difficult she is, NO ONE, so that says a lot about her. Her friends are willing to take her only because they dont know the whole story.

I hope you never have to deal with a difficult child but apparently you must be the PERFECT parent since you feel the need to judge others.

Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 08:23 PM   #6
Unregistered

No. It does not say a lot about HER. It says a lot about you, the adult. It's unfortunate this child was subjected to an "adult" such as yourself. Perhaps much of her "problem" is directly related to your influence.

Your writings indicate an emotional instability. It would be best for the child to be removed from your negative and possibly dangerous influence.

FYI, this is a PUBLIC forum, and you cannot control what people say, how they respond, or even prevent them from responding just because what they say isn't favorable to you. As a supposed adult, you should be well aware that when you post your private life on the internet, where it can and will be seen by people all over the world, you open yourself up to both positive AND negative feedback. If you cannot handled that, perhaps it's you who should keep your dirty laundry to yourself.

Old Jun 4th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #7
Unregistered

Exactly. It's pretty sad when an adult comes on here and blames a child for the troubles in her life. Grow up OP.

Old Mar 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: 15 year old wants to move out, how do we make it happen?

send her to 'the holy highway' in pickton tx they will work with you on prices its a all girls home helped my daughter she started geting aressted and in lots of trouble now shes so good its wonderfull i would highly consider it.

Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM   #9
Unregistered

I do not know what to do in this situation? Can anyone give me some advice?

Hello,

I am a 17 year old female. I live in Ohio and I want to move out when I am 18. My family and me don't have a horrible relationship, we get along for the most part. The reason why I need to get away is a religious problem.

The whole family is the same religion but it's just for ''show'' My Mother dose not care that I want to follow the religion she has raised me in, she is now trying to force me to do things that she taught me was wrong as a child. I am convicted in my faith. The rest of the family dose not care to observe the faith they claim to be. This is there choice,I respect them, I am not trying to convince them to change their choice. On the other had they are always trying to change what I belive and do. Things would be best for me if I would move out and start my own life.

Being 17, do I have religious freedom? I do not have a car in my own name, money for collage, or for any other bills. I am well aware this will make the act of living more difficult, but living in this environment is making me lose control of my mind and have suicidal thoughts. I am afraid to tell my Mother about this, when she is mad she ignores me for a few days or a week, and than blows up and screams and cry's. I am always walking on thin ice.

I am also very behind in school, currently in 10th grade, Mom did not put my into school till I was 8. I went to a private school and none of the credits transferred, I had to start over from 9th. I am currently doing online home-school that is self-taught. My Mom is never home and provides no help in regards to school.

Every day she is home, I have to fight her to let me get in a normal 10hr school day.(more because of how behind I am ) She has said before she don't care about my school, I thought she was talking out of angry. It seems maybe she was telling the truth now.

Please, I need help. I don't know what to do, I am very depressed, I don't even want to get out of bed.
What should I start? I need to move out of here.

Thanks in Advance, Shalom and God bless.

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #10
ethan11's Flag is: United States

@ 17 Year old female & 15 year

I know at such points in life most of the people breakdowns. Now if you are saying that you can live your life on your own, that’s fine but make sure the decision you are making is right for you. Life, out of the house is worst than you think. Before taking any decision you must have a look at all aspects, so that at the end you don’t have to realize that life in your home and under parents rules really wasn't so bad. Because you will have to manage your all expenses & other daily life issues. And its really hard these days. So be wise, as far as moving out is concern, its on the state law basis & age limit is 18 years.
If you really do have problems, make sure you are ready to face the world alone, no matter how but try to focus on your study & wait for a right time. Hope it'll be fine in next upcoming days. God Bless.
ethan11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 20 replies and has been viewed 10357 times