How old does a child have to be to be left alone in Georgia?

This is a discussion on How old does a child have to be to be left alone in Georgia? within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; In the state of Georgia,how old does a child have to be to be left alone? Also,how old does a ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM   #1

View Member's Myspace Profile
Question How old does a child have to be to be left alone in Georgia?

In the state of Georgia,how old does a child have to be to be left alone? Also,how old does a child have to be to be able to babysit with no adult being around?
wyofirebirdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:42 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: How old does a child have to be to be left alone in Georgia?

I wish to inform you that in Georgia, the Georgia Department of Human Services, Division of Family & Children Services provides guidelines on home alone children. There are no specific laws only guidelines on the subject matter. The guidelines provide that children below 8 should never be left alone. Those between 9 and 12 can be left home alone for short periods of time. Children at the age of 13 years can be left as babysitters. The children above 15 years of age can be left home alone for the night.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Unregistered

9 is too young to be left alone. The usual age is 12. And that is only for short periods of time.

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Unregistered

THank you--i also was just searching for this exact information!!

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Annie

Smile Re: How old does a child have to be to be left alone in Georgia?

I started babysitting at 12. when I was left home alone i was about 11 almost 12!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
I started babysitting at 12. when I was left home alone i was about 11 almost 12!
Me to!

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that in Georgia, the Georgia Department of Human Services, Division of Family & Children Services provides guidelines on home alone children. There are no specific laws only guidelines on the subject matter. The guidelines provide that children below 8 should never be left alone. Those between 9 and 12 can be left home alone for short periods of time. Children at the age of 13 years can be left as babysitters. The children above 15 years of age can be left home alone for the night.

AFF
I think that children the age if 11 and older should be allowed to be left alone all night.

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me to!
You are so lucky!!!!

Old Jul 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #9
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
I think that children the age if 11 and older should be allowed to be left alone all night.
I hope you do not have children that age. For leaving an 11-year old alone is extremely risky for the child and an invitation for strangers to do mayhem. An 11-year old lacks the judgment and emotional equilibrium to be left alone all night.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you stupid???? You seriously think that it's okay to leave an 11 year old home alone??? You probably shouldn't have children as you don't have a clue of their problem solving abilities & their ability to think quickly when necessary!

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 17 replies and has been viewed 26142 times