CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

This is a discussion on CPS took my children unfairly... Help! within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I need some advice FAST!! Yesterday I had an argument with my mother in a public restaraunt. I had my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

I need some advice FAST!! Yesterday I had an argument with my mother in a public restaraunt. I had my two children with me when the argument occurred. The owner of the restaraunt called the police. Me and my mom spoke with the police and they left. Later on the police informed me that I was going to be arrested in connenction with this argument. I went to the police station and was given an appearance ticket for two count of endagering the welfare of a child. I was also informed that CPS had placed my children in protective custody. they said that two people who were in the restaraunt during the argument had made statements that I shook my infant daughter and slammed my toddlers face into a table!! I assure that nothing at all like that happened. Three other people who were there signed statements in my favor.

When CPS took the children they took them to the emergency room and had them examined from head to toe. There were no signs of abuse. I have no past history of abuse. I have no criminal background or any signs of mental illness. CPS still will not let me see my children or talk to them. I think that since there was no physical evidence of abuse (not even a diaper rash!) and since there were statements in my favor I feel that CPS should return my children to me. I think they are being completely unfair and picking on me because I am a single mother.

Please advise me!!! Any help would be so appreciated. I feel like I'm being treated like a criminal and I all I did was argue in a public place!
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Top Level Member
randalljd's Flag is: United States

Default re: CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

If no evidence exists at all they normally must return the children.
randalljd is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Unregistered

in my opinion and I am not a lawyer, I would get a lawyer yesterday. They should return your children but they do whatever they feel like and in several cases clearly do not play by the rules. Not trying to sound harsh sometimes they are very helpful but when it comes to your own children I wouldn't take any chances. When a lawyer become involved it clearly becomes a different situation. If they are making no attempts to talk to you and discuss what they are doing or why they are keeping you kids or what they think you should do in order to get them back then call a lawyer, clearly if they wanted to discuss options or if they are simply doing a investigation and do not intend on processing the children they would have said so by now. Also go to the office talk to the worker if she is unhelpful as for her supervisor and if she is unhelpful ask for her supervisors name and number. If they are busy take the name and number and keep calling. Most places have a chain of command and most have to talk with you, they may or may not be helpful but you have to try.

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member
missingmyhubby's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
. they said that two people who were in the restaraunt during the argument had made statements that I shook my infant daughter and slammed my toddlers face into a table!! !
these two busybodies should have minded their own business.
missingmyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM   #5
Unregistered

Please let me know if you get them back. I am in a similar situation

Old Oct 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM   #6
jennifer

Unhappy re: CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

Hi! The same thing has happened to me. My case is so confusing. Where are u from. My email address is jeniferjohnson01@charter.net if u would like to talk.

Old Oct 7th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #7

Get an attorney immediately!!! They took my children on false allegations also and I expected that they would give me the information I needed to get them back, they never told me anything or sent me anything, so I never got to go to court and they terminated my parental rights! Now I'm trying to find out if there is any way I can get them back! I have also heard that you should not sign ANYTHING without an attorney. Good luck to you and I wish you the best. If you would like my email address it is kenogypsy@hotmail.com Please let me know how your case goes. If you know of anyone who might be of help to me I would appreciate it!
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Oct 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM   #8
Unregistered

Angry re: CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

They have mine to. Please hurry and do something to stop them. Our children were taken with over inflation and lies,purjury and misrepresintation.Since the have had them they have suffered broken bones, sodomy, sex abuse, medical neglect have taken pictures and police reports.Just recently I have written the Ca governor as I Fear for my sons life. Child services gave up responsibility for him to juvenile services after behavior problems resulting from his removal from us loving parents, Who no werent perfect in some ways.
But they were safe loved and nurtured with an arguement or two every now and then and some money problems never did they suffer at home as they have in fostercare. We took them back for there safty and fled Ca.No kidnapping charges were filed because we had collected evidece while we had no choice but to witness new abuse at each visit.Ca. C.P.S found my children in Co. After we moved there for our indian roll numbers after thinking they were safe from cpswe enrolled them in school 1 month later they stole them back. seadec2@gmail.com

Old Oct 29th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #9

I fought CPS 14 months to get PMC of my great-neice. My sister could have fought for her, but she didn't want the risks of taking a "drug baby". Now she is a beautiful, smart 4 yr. old little girl. Last yr. my sister told the whole family she wished she would have taken her. I let her spend the night in March 2007, now can't get her back! She is so smart, but there is no way to for her to understand why "those people and Aunt Susan won't let her ever come home again". To sit one hour a wk. and listen to the mental cruelty is torture. Help! katbalouw@hotmail.com
katbalouw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 26th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #10
Unregistered

Unhappy re: CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

Something similiar happened to me, I was 15 when i had my son. I was a loving mother. When my son turned 6 he began runnin away, not because he was being abused or anything like that, it was because I didnt take him outside enough, and i admit that completely. Well one day I found out my best friend died so i brought my son to my mothers so I could pay my respects, and also because i didnt want my son to be exposed to the situation, and he also was close to my friend tom. Well a couple hours later the police came to me and said they found my son wandering downtown in his bare feet and cas was going to apprehend him. I explained what happened and that my mother had him. They called her and she agreed that she had him and had fallen asleep when my son left. I fought and fought to get my child back, the only thing they had against me was that he was running away. My son would beg them to return him to me but they wouldnt. At visits he would hold me and cry when he had to leave , that was the hardest and most hurtful thing, because i couldnt save my baby, i couldnt comfort him.! finally at court, i could not get a lawyer, i tried through legal aid and they sent my certificate to the wrong address so months went by until finally it expired. They wanted to make my son crown ward with NO ACCESS!! Duty council told me there was nothing i could do but to sign the papers and end this, atleast that way i would get ONE LETTER A YEAR! I didnt know what else to do! So that was the end of it, i havent seen my baby in almost 2 years, it is so hard. I was only 21 and was going through this all on my own .... I felt like i was pushed in a corner and had NO OTHER CHOICE. Now i want to take them back to court because I KNOW I COULD HAVE FOUGHT IT! i even volunteered to take drug tests and EVEN TOOK A PARENTING COURSE AGAIN! but apparently that wasnt good enough.. i want to take them back to court atleast for visitation because I MISS AND LOVE MY BABY SOO SOO MUCH and cant even imagine how he must feel not getting to be with or see his mommy. if anyone has any ADVICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW! hiphophoney4life@hotmail.com

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 32 replies and has been viewed 13360 times