CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

This is a discussion on CPS took my children unfairly... Help! within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; You may want to be persistent with legal aid as they really can help in extreme situations like this where ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default re: CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

You may want to be persistent with legal aid as they really can help in extreme situations like this where total custody has been cut.

And if your income is lower of course.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #12
Unregistered

Smile re: CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

try nlooking up victims of child abuse laws they are an orgaization who tells you how to handle cps

Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:11 PM   #13
Robert Taylor

Check out www.MetroPolice.ca
There is a link there called
Children's Aid Watch
and as well
Newest Postings....

Hope this helps.

Sounds like defamation of character from the said witness against you, I see a case there as well.
Make the CPS prove negligence,,,, seek a lawyer as soon as possible.

Old Apr 9th, 2008, 06:05 AM   #14
Unregistered

Confused re: CPS took my children unfairly... Help!

there is no help they do what they want when they want and they do not ancer to anyone.

Old Apr 9th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #15
Unregistered

even with a lawer it cold take mouths or years and money to get your kids back

Old Apr 13th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #16
Unregistered

it happen to me too seven years ago my ex walked out on my and my 3 sons theyer now ages 15,13,10 i lived with a guy for 3 years we brought a brand new house a year ago we had a party things goy a little out of hand cops were called he was arrested for domestic violence i helped him out all charges were dropped a year later he had got bad news of a death in his family he started drinking long story short cops were called again we had a business he was the main salesman i couldnt run it without him i called in a lawyer he told me go to court the next morning and take my kids we did i even took my kids to pick him up because the judge didnt give a no contact order and i have the paper to prove it the same evening cps came and took my 3 sons and place them with my ex who is now married with kids his wife doesnt like my boys i have been giving a case plan which im half way through because i started voluntarily my childred are haveing to fend for them selves to eat the step mom cooks and feed her kids and husband while my kids are in te room and when they come out they have to find what ever they can because they dont leave anything my ex grabbed my sons necklace and busted it off him in anger on sat.4-12-08 and step mom grabbed my other son and pushed him out of the room they have told my kids they are moving and that my boys are not welcome to go with them my ex is not the biological father of my second son but he knew that from when i was pregnate with him he played the only father role for my son until my ex remarried which at the time my son was nine and my ex told him he no longer was welcomed at his house and he no longer wanted to be his father my ex has all three of my sons only because he dont want to pay child support he has tooken me back to court several times to not have to pay but he still had to until now he says he will sighn away his parental rights so that he no longer has to pay when my boys come home my sons are allowed to go to church with me on the weekends on 4-12-08 my nine year old came to church with a tummy ache because all he had to eat all day was cereal in the morning and here it was 8 at night i have told cps,my lawyer and nobody can do anything?my ex's wife has a 15 year old who has run away 3 times and now shes been gone almost 2 weeks this is the kind of enviroment cps leave my kids in which with me i have a brand new 3 bedroom,2 bath garage home i have put a restraing order on the guy i was with i have changed the locks i am almost done with my parent /domestic violence classes im taking classes to become a cna and yet they wont give me my kids i have never had any kind a criminal record whats so ever and im also a victim but yet im being treated like a criminal.

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM   #17
Unregistered

good luck to all of you! i feel all of your pains...both of my babies were taken away from me thanks to a controlling, abusive ex husband who filed false charges against me. I have not seen my children in 3 years (they are now 8 and 5). CPS took them from my home and placed them with their father. I was raising 2 babies on my own and didn't have a lot of money...their father did.

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #18
Unregistered

do not walk in the court room and talk ask for a court appointed attorney cps will twist ur words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I need some advice FAST!! Yesterday I had an argument with my mother in a public restaraunt. I had my two children with me when the argument occurred. The owner of the restaraunt called the police. Me and my mom spoke with the police and they left. Later on the police informed me that I was going to be arrested in connenction with this argument. I went to the police station and was given an appearance ticket for two count of endagering the welfare of a child. I was also informed that CPS had placed my children in protective custody. they said that two people who were in the restaraunt during the argument had made statements that I shook my infant daughter and slammed my toddlers face into a table!! I assure that nothing at all like that happened. Three other people who were there signed statements in my favor.

When CPS took the children they took them to the emergency room and had them examined from head to toe. There were no signs of abuse. I have no past history of abuse. I have no criminal background or any signs of mental illness. CPS still will not let me see my children or talk to them. I think that since there was no physical evidence of abuse (not even a diaper rash!) and since there were statements in my favor I feel that CPS should return my children to me. I think they are being completely unfair and picking on me because I am a single mother.

Please advise me!!! Any help would be so appreciated. I feel like I'm being treated like a criminal and I all I did was argue in a public place!

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #19
Unregistered

I agree!

And twist they will. Let a lawyer twist their words!!

Old Jan 6th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #20
Unregistered

To be perfectly honest the system is screwed up. I am a child welfare social worker in case management with families whose children are in state custody. The best thing you can do at this point is follow all of the rules. If they want you to attend parenting classes, drug/alcohol treatment, support groups, individual therapy, family therapy, obtain housing, obtain income, do UAs etc...do it!

The longer you fight it the longer this will go on. Even if you did absolutely nothing wrong just do whatever is asked and as fast as possible. The key is consistency and compliance. Provide documentation of every effort you make(and keep a copy for yourself and send one to your attorney and your child's attorney). Never miss an appointment or meeting, never miss a visit. Be as involved as possible in your children's lives. Ask about school, activities they are in.

The system isn't set up "innocent until proven guilty" it is exactly the opposite. Do everything you are asked. Inquire about a community resource guide, many services are offered on a sliding fee scale and many agencies will reimburse for classes or offer classes free of charge. If they ask you to stand on your head and sing the national anthem just do it!(and then report them to BSRB for unethical behavior!) Always always always be consistent, calm and compliant, it is by far the fastest and easiest way to get your children home where they should be.

If CPS ever comes to your home invite them in, be friendly answer all questions honestly, never appear that you are hiding anything. I have seen so many cases that have come in for reasons that seem absurd and then the child remains in custody simply because the family will not communicate with the agency. These kids NEED to be with their family, don't question what is asked of you even when it makes no sense. We as workers are bound by policies from SRS and court.

The system is not a passive progress...it is jacked up for the most part but we have to work with what we are given. Our job is to get your children home but it can't be done if families do not cooperate with what is asked whether you think it is legitimate or not. I have seen kids go home in less than a month and I have seen them wait and wait for years in foster care while the parents argue and fight and yell and place blame and it sucks. In my agency, the children aren't referred to me until they are removed from the home and in state custody, it wasn't my choice and I will bust my butt and put in 15 hour days if a parent is willing to do the same. If the parent does nothing there is no much I can do. And remember, the ultimate decision of the child coming home is up to the judge. Make your attorney work for you, if they aren't doing their job, report them and request a new one. I love nothing more than a parent who blows up my phone daily letting me know the effort they are putting in...these kids need to be at HOME!

And now I will step down from my soap box.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 32 replies and has been viewed 13526 times