Change of Venue in a child custody case

This is a discussion on Change of Venue in a child custody case within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I feel the court is judging the case unfairly. What could be some reasons for changing venue in a child ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #1

Default Change of Venue in a child custody case

I feel the court is judging the case unfairly. What could be some reasons for changing venue in a child custody case? Father has custody and has been place in foster care and is now back with presumed father. He lives in Oakland and Mother lives in Fairfield however, the case is being heard in San Francisco.
Hazal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Unregistered

It is not easy to get done. A conflict of interest with another case, fraud, personal relations with one party and a judge etc.--it takes those kinds of issues normally.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:11 PM   #3
Unregistered

Confused Re: Change of Venue in a child custody case

I have two cases in the same court with the same judge. One case is a recission of paternity and the other is for visitation of the same child filed both by the father.

Neither one of us live in the county the cases are being heard in. I was wondering if I should ask for a change of venue at the recission hearing Friday...four days before the visitation hearing.

Old Jan 5th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Change of Venue in a child custody case

You can, unless that court already has had that family law case previously.

In that situation the court would have to agree otherwise it normally will keep jurisdiction

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 9469 times