My ex husband stole my money from my personal account.

This is a discussion on My ex husband stole my money from my personal account. within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Hi. I am new here. I'd like to get a legal advice about my situation. In the end of 2005 ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #1

Default My ex husband stole my money from my personal account.

Hi. I am new here. I'd like to get a legal advice about my situation. In the end of 2005 my husband stole my money directly from my personal account. It was $ 50,000. It was a telephone transfer. He withdraw my money without my knowledge when we were separated and I was living in other city, same state. He has used my account number (from my checks) and SS# (of course he knew it). The bank didn't ask or require any additional codes or passwords. When I found out I immedietly went to the bank and filed an affideivite of fraud and met with him to ask for explanation of his action (which was a mistake). He threated me so badly that I became very afraid and unable to ask for my money ever again. He always wanted to control everything around me, even my life.For years I couldn't talk about what happened in Nov. 2005. Now I live far away from him - in other country with my family - and I have more courage to start looking for my rights.
I would appreciate any suggections for example where I need to start from.
I need to add that my ex husband is an attorney and he really knows what to do....
Please HELP!
mysuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: My ex husband stole my money from my personal account.

Did you go through divorce?

It should have been brought up then if you did. But if not you may still be able to take action. Or perhaps if you can prove the threats of violence even now you might still act.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #3

Default Re: My ex husband stole my money from my personal account.

I just found this information:
"Banks usually require that any telephone request involving the transfer of funds be backed up by a written confirmation. In this letter, you are responding to such a request. These letters can be very brief. Always include the relevant account numbers."
Does some one know whether I can file a complaint to the bank because they didn't require any letters or proof when the $50, 000 were withdrawn, and then the bank is going to request the money from my ex husband?
Maybe I am on the right way to look for my rights as a individual and as a customer of this bank. The only thing that bothers me is - this happend more than three years ago.
mysuccess is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4009 times