Moving out of state (moving to my own bigger house in Florida)

This is a discussion on Moving out of state (moving to my own bigger house in Florida) within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have two children ages 13 and 16 (male and female) by a man I have never married and has ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy Moving out of state (moving to my own bigger house in Florida)

I have two children ages 13 and 16 (male and female) by a man I have never married and has fathered 3 more children after my two. We share joint custody, reside in NJ but not in the same counties and the children reside with me. They have lived with me thier entire lives. Recently visitation with their father has been scarce, mostly becasue of their weekend activities that usually take place in my county and he doesn't want to take them back and forth to his house, so he leaves them at home.

I have an opportunity to move to Florida into my own house, right now I live in a three bedroom apartment. The house is much bigger than were I live and much less in cost. My morgage would be half of what I pay in rent. My children want to move to FLorida with me, one because they are excited about living in a house again and two because we will be closer to their grandparents who helped me raise them unitl they moved to Fl two years ago.

He hasn't paid any child support since March because of medical reasons and he doesn't take any responsibility for their visitation. How hard will it be for me to move the children to Florida? What do I have to do? Can anyone give me some answers?
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Moving out of state (moving to my own bigger house in Florida)

is there a custody order in place that states you can not move out of state? If I were you I would sit down with the childrens father and see if you can come to an agreement if not then you will have to go to court to move. I'm sure someone else will have a better answer but this is what came to mind when I saw the question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1571 times