Can a step father marry his step daughter after wife dies?

This is a discussion on Can a step father marry his step daughter after wife dies? within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Oh please...this question has been poorly and inaccurately answered for YEARS now. It varies by state. The bone head above ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a step father marry his step daughter after wife dies?

Oh please...this question has been poorly and inaccurately answered for YEARS now. It varies by state. The bone head above that quoted statutes from a particular state didn't even read it as nothing in the statutes addresses the question. Many states make step relationships incestuous as long as the couple are married but If the couple gets divorced, the relationship is magically no longer incestuous. Some states, it is incestuous for life. Incest is more than simple biology; it involves a certain amount of morals and decorum. Morals and decorum are what separate us from lower animals. And then, there is self-restraint. Seems to be a vanishing trait. I had a step daughter who was 16 when I married her Mom and 19 when her mother passed away. My step daughter is gorgeous, intelligent and obviously is as crazy about her as I am about her. No way would I cross that moral line. As I have moved 100 miles away, no one would be the wiser...but I would know.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #12
Unregistered

That is sick... My mother died last year at da age of 41 my step father has been molesting my sister since she was two and on two circumstances where he tried ta get a peep at me by the way im a guy naked. My sister is 17 now and he's trying to take her to the state of illinois after he marry her in missouri. But before i let that man 40 year old man marry my sister i will spend the rest of my life in prison. Everybody who wants to marry your step children are some freaking perverts. Your in a position of trust and protection and you are harming the child if not physically than mentally and morally

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 15536 times