How much possible jail time for 1st time probation violation

This is a discussion on How much possible jail time for 1st time probation violation within the Drunk Driving, DUI, DWI forum, part of the Traffic & Speeding Tickets category; I was convicted of a 2nd duii in 2010, my first was in 1999. I abided by the rules. Spent ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #1
lizadien's Flag is: United States

Confused How much possible jail time for 1st time probation violation

I was convicted of a 2nd duii in 2010, my first was in 1999. I abided by the rules. Spent 5 days in jail, 3 years probation, etc, etc. After almost a year of no violations, no calls from my probation officer, no house checks, nothing and completment of my treatment, someone told the probabte officer I was using meth and alcohol. I felt like he backed my into a corner and admitted to him that I had a beer about 5 days prior to when he contacted me. My boyfriend spent xmas in the hospital, serious stress, financial ruin, etc and should have used my coping skills better. I went to his office, gave a u/a which showed negative for alcohol and meth, but positive for marijuana. I explained that I could not remember using pot, but do a lot of work for a neighbor , cleaning errands etc, who smokes pot medically. My ua came up positive so obviously I had smoked in the previous 30 days, I just can't recall when. My fiance is also a recovering meth addict as I am a recovering alcoholic. I realize it's not a good situation to be associated with drug users when I am on probation, but I can't help who I love. My probate officer filed 2 violations even though I did not test positive for alcohol. I am awaiting an arrest warrant to turn myself since the citations are in another county. Also, my probie is accusatory, very mean and egregious and downright hateful. I understand he is just doing his job. My main question is how much jail time does a first time offender receive or are there other options. I had a court appointed attoryney, do I need to contact him??

Last edited by lizadien; Jan 11th, 2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: missed a question
lizadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: How much possible jail time for 1st time probation violation

I wish to inform you that since this is the first violation of the probation, first you may re-discuss with the probation officer if he could impose sanctions like increased reporting, random drug testing, imposition of curfew, increased community service, undertaking of vocational/educational courses, imposition of curfew, etc. If he takes the matter to court, you may inform the court that you did not test positive for alcohol. Further, this your first violation after one year of probation. You may seek guidance and help from free legal aid. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. You may get increased probation or jail.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: How much possible jail time for 1st time probation violation

The above answer will send you on a wild goose chase. Legal Aid does not represent in criminal matters. The Public Defender does. That is where I would seek advise and representation.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 10774 times