Maintaining a drug house party to the crime?

This is a discussion on Maintaining a drug house party to the crime? within the Drugs Charges forum, part of the Arrests, Searches, Seizures category; My cousin rented a room from me and my wife we have a 3 bedroom apptment along with our daughter ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #1

Confused Maintaining a drug house party to the crime?

My cousin rented a room from me and my wife we have a 3 bedroom apptment along with our daughter who is 20 yrs old anyways his probation officer came over and found a grow operation going on in his room,, he got raided ,,(his room only) and in his room he was growing marijuana, Now he is saying i knew about it and I really didn't know a thing about it and others in the house (Wittneses that live there had no idea either) the d.e.a. wants to try to get me and only me now for party of the crime maintaining a drug house , i had no clue of these activites, they haven't yet charged me but he is in so much trouble even before this happened weapons charges ect. I am completely innocent of this. I have not had any problems with the law in 20 yrs. I have had city nurses come over as my daughter has a small child that needs to be seen normal practice where i live WISCONSIN they never knew a thing also. I even called my electric company about two months before this complaining about my bill being all of a sudden higher while he was here, not understanding why.( i do now) which im sure they have on file. I never went into his room thats his to do with whatever he wanted unless there was a fire or something serious that warrented me to go in there otherwise he had control over it.I am the leesie of the apartment. they only have his word,I have many witnesses to explian that i and they didn't know a thing about that grow operation. two d.e.a. agents came over , they wanted me to addmit to it i told them No because i really didnt know a thing about it. After several failed attempts to get me to addmit it they left and told me i might get a charge, one said don't hold your breathe about it jokingly. are they just grasping at straws here, should i worry?

Last edited by thewizard; May 18th, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: needed more info
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #2

Default Re: Maintaining a drug house party to the crime?

i would think ur ok in this matter
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 30th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #3
Unregistered

Cool Re: Maintaining a drug house party to the crime?

well i just finished court precedings on being charged with the exact same thing.....id say if they havent asked u to "help yourself out" and or charged you yet id be very relieved. plus if all u state is tru you would have to have been the worst grow house owner ever or be telling the truth. only downfall is the size of the room and operation and what he threw in your garbage. if the room is big but operation was young and small....meaning not creating a noticeable odor,that will help you significantly...also was he littering your trash with garbage for equipment and plant foods, which also stink....good god do they stink...so either the guy who did this was doing something small or he went to great lengths to cover it up from you....i personally think youre okwith the things u state about ur power consumption and the fact you havent been charged....and not asked or badgered to give them info is great.....also was it local PD or DEA? did you ever see the garbage and see anything plant related? how big was the op? were this plants like tree size? or a few little tomato lookin things.....and if there was an odor you would be done.....but from what i hear and what i know about my case u are very lucky and telling the truth....good luck, i think ur ok just cooperate in every aspect and dont lie because they already know the truth they just want to see if you get caught in a lie.....trust me they know EVERYTHING before they ask.

Old Jun 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Maintaining a drug house party to the crime?

Well to be honest it did stink when i went in that room after they showed me but as god as my witness i could not smell a thing outside of that room and the probation officers couldn't either and they stated that to me, they came asked where his room was and he showed them and thats when they discovered it(the grow op_) very small and in a closet covered by a huge quilt it was about five maybe two feet high plants and some real small ones in a box and yes the d.e.a. did come over and took them all. I am nervous about this but honestly i don't know a thing about them call it stupidity on my part i was trying to help him out and this happens. Well to this day he nor i have been charged well i looked on the online court records and he hasn't anything on there yet but yea why in the world would i call the electric company and give them a red flag as to using to much power geez im not a idiot ! im sure it will be ok but ya never know he is in alot of trouble weapons charges, drunk driving charges. firing a dealy weapon with intoxicated and now this ,,,, he is trying to push this off on me to not get more time than he already is getting which i understand but damn . i truly am innocent i mean my figure prints could be on anything in that room ya know but when they took everything out they were handling everything with there bare hands but i just don't know !! wel thanks i hope this helps ya understand more

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2559 times