can the arresting officer change his report/charges he arrested me for?

This is a discussion on can the arresting officer change his report/charges he arrested me for? within the Drugs Charges forum, part of the Arrests, Searches, Seizures category; i am on parole and was arrested after an officer found a controlled substance in my car. the officer said ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Unregistered

Question can the arresting officer change his report/charges he arrested me for?

i am on parole and was arrested after an officer found a controlled substance in my car. the officer said he arrested me only for possession and the paper i got from my parole officer regarding the arrest confirmed that i was arrested for possession. when i went to court, the DA changed my charges to possession with intent to sell. today, a little more than a month after i was arrested, i got the same paper from my parole officer regarding my arrest and it now says the officer arrested me for intent to sell. i understand the DA can change my charges, but does the officer have the right to change his report after the fact?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None