Possession of less than 1 gram of a controlled substance

This is a discussion on Possession of less than 1 gram of a controlled substance within the Drugs Charges forum, part of the Arrests, Searches, Seizures category; What is the punishment for possession of less than 1 gram of a controlled substance first time offense?...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Possession of less than 1 gram of a controlled substance

What is the punishment for possession of less than 1 gram of a controlled substance first time offense?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Possession of less than 1 gram of a controlled substance

That varies by each state--but normally you can avoid jail time. Get counsel to assist!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:39 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Possession of less than 1 gram of a controlled substance

I got 2 years deferred adjudication plus a 200 dollar fine. I couldn't get anyone to bond me out of jail so I stayed in there for six boring ass days. on the plus side I didn't have to pay any lawyer fees. sucks because I'm a college student so I had to drop 3 out of the four classes I was taking due to missed exams. Probably good that I finally got busted though otherwise I would of kept going with it. I can't even guesstimate on how many thousands of dollars I have spent on drugs on the past three years. just got mixed up with the wrong crowd again after I got out of the navy. Something told me I should of just stayed in. But as long as I'm able to finish this deferred probation without fault then I will be able to apply for a seal of non-disclosure so it will be basically hidden from my criminal record from the public. My arrest was a felony I had 10 roxicodone or oxycotins. it was a felony charge so after I'm done with my probation I have to wait five years to apply for non-disclosure.
before they found out I was a veteran and a full time college student they first offered me
3 years straight probation (not deferred)
or 90 days in jail (screw that, those six days seemed like a life time) but the way the county works jail time (at least harris county (houston, tx.)) is for every one day they credit you for two days. So 90 days would actually only be 45 days. so that would mean I would only have 39 days left. but when I got out I would still have a felony on my record. I honestly don't know anyone who has had any luck getting a job with a felony on their record. I've been turned down a couple of times just because I had a DWI on my record from when I just turned 18. it was a misdameanor. that was eight years ago.
not to mention going through opiate withdrawls. I'm on methadone but will hopefully be off this soon because I don't want to go through that again

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4500 times