My son is selling drugs. What can I do?

This is a discussion on My son is selling drugs. What can I do? within the Drugs Charges forum, part of the Arrests, Searches, Seizures category; I just got my son selling drugs.. not a lot.. I believe he just started it. Marijuana I believe.. I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:30 PM   #1
Peter_Tdot

Confused My son is selling drugs. What can I do?

I just got my son selling drugs.. not a lot.. I believe he just started it. Marijuana I believe..

I talked to him.. He promised me to stop.. 2 days ago he was drunk.. and I asked him to go home and sleep.. He hit me..

He is 18.. up to now a great son. I cant accept it.. It is out of question. But I dont know what I can do.

I wanna call the cops.. He is not listening me and I am afraid that the thing can get worse but before it I would like to know what the implications if I call the cops? What can happen to him?

Can someone help me?

We live in Ontario

Thanks

Last edited by wld_team; Dec 23rd, 2008 at 01:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: My son is selling drugs. What can I do?

Perhaps involve a counselor. I hate to say it (and I am sure others disagree) but marijuana is not the worse thing on Earth. Maybe he's just being a crazy kid.

Talk to him and let him know--not under your roof!

Iowa Mom

Last edited by wld_team; Dec 23rd, 2008 at 01:38 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 02:06 AM   #3
Unregistered

Confused Re: My son is selling drugs. What can I do?

Thanks for your help

It is get impossible to talk to him.. I know marijuana is not the worse thing but he is not only using but also selling it.. And he is becoming violent.

I cant force he to go to consenlor.. I tried but he refused.

Now I have to do something just dont know what.. I would like to know what the Canadian law (Ontario) says about it. What is going to happen if I call the cops?

Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:56 AM   #4
Unregistered

They can arrest him and it will be on his record. I woud sue that as a last resort. You could make him leave and go live somewhere else. Even evict him if need be.

Old Feb 18th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your help

It is get impossible to talk to him.. I know marijuana is not the worse thing but he is not only using but also selling it.. And he is becoming violent.

I cant force he to go to consenlor.. I tried but he refused.

Now I have to do something just dont know what.. I would like to know what the Canadian law (Ontario) says about it. What is going to happen if I call the cops?
call the cops i have on many occasions for my 21yr old son he will realise its for his own good and when hes in jail u will be able to sleep and you will know where he is

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Unregistered

My son is also selling drugs. Probably on pot. My husband is weak. He would like to just pretend that nothing is wrong.

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #7
Unregistered

Question Re: My son is selling drugs. What can I do?

i just found out that my foster son is selling drugs and i am beside myself with worry.

i've been told he sells all sorts of drugs by someone i trust, who told me because they were concerned.

hes 20 years old and had the crappiest life, i did my best by him since he came to live with me, and i'm so upset to find that he is doing this.
not only cause i am worried that he will get into trouble with the law, but because i detest what drugs have done to my friends/neighbours kids.

what can i do, he lives with me.

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #8
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Quote:
i just found out that my foster son is selling drugs and i am beside myself with worry.

i've been told he sells all sorts of drugs by someone i trust, who told me because they were concerned.

hes 20 years old and had the crappiest life, i did my best by him since he came to live with me, and i'm so upset to find that he is doing this.
not only cause i am worried that he will get into trouble with the law, but because i detest what drugs have done to my friends/neighbours kids.

what can i do, he lives with me.
The first thing you can do is put him out of your house. If he is selling drugs, and those drugs are found in your home, the police could potentially show up anytime and take him into custody - and any drugs found on the property could subject your home, your car, or your other personal property to seizure under the law.

You probably should also consider turning him in to the police yourself. He's NOT going to learn anything with you protecting him from the consequences of his actions. I mean, how would you feel if you learned that something he did (sell drugs) caused the serious injury or death of someone, you knew about it, and did nothing about it?
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
call the cops i have on many occasions for my 21yr old son he will realise its for his own good and when hes in jail u will be able to sleep and you will know where he is
Caring parents aren't going to do something that could possibly affect their entire life in a bad way. Whether he realizes***** it or not in jail there are other ways of handling it. Every time your child does something wrong you don't need to send him to jail get off your ass and help him deal with the problem not just call up the cops.

Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Caring parents aren't going to do something that could possibly affect their entire life in a bad way. Whether he realizes***** it or not in jail there are other ways of handling it. Every time your child does something wrong you don't need to send him to jail get off your ass and help him deal with the problem not just call up the cops.
Caring parents will do ANYTHING for their child, be it something that involves police and jail or not. Each situation is different and police may be warranted anytime there is a threat to your safety, the safety of others(including the child in question) and it may come to the point that a 911 call needs to be made. Children will push EVERY boundary, and at some point, they must be made to understand that they cannot bully their way through life, and that rules are in place, for everyone.
I didn't JUST call the cops! I called many people, and tried many things. Yet, I was in a gun store today holding a shotgun, realizing that the breakins I experienced in my home, my car, and my possible future one may include my estranged son breaking in, and it may be him on the other side of the shotgun. Not a warm and inviting thought. I have two other children to protect, and this same child not yet 18, has threatened both my life, his own, as well as a history of attempting to break limbs, and push me down stairs at different ages. I put the gun back down, though, and walked out without it. I pray that the cops are all I'm calling. Not a morgue. Not the ambulance for his body. My parents lived that nightmare. All due to drugs, beginning with marijuana. My brother did die at 17 1/2.

Call, don't wait, Ontario! Call the police, ask for any and all resources.

I moved my son out of my house as a result of his disregarding my rules. He broke the rules 600 miles away, where he couldn't blame me for his being so angry, *****y, etc, controlling, in his business, whatever, that he felt compelled to smoke up. Now he's out of that house, and I'm looking at a court ordered juvenile incarceration as soon as I find anything, or enlistment to the armed forces to get his freedom from my witchyness... Whether he's gone in one respect or another, I just want to know he's happier. I may never get that, though. That's the reality of addictions. It steals happiness. Don't wait to get help. I've had mine hospitalized twice, and it has done very little to help, other than verify that he's a great liar, actor, and truly has depression.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 15045 times