Abusive husband; Im 24 and illegal

This is a discussion on Abusive husband; Im 24 and illegal within the Domestic Violence & Abuse forum, part of the Divorce, Separation, Annulment category; Hi, Im 24. I am illegal. Im married almost 2 years already, on US citizen. During our marriage, he abused ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM   #1
lily's Flag is: United States

Default Abusive husband; Im 24 and illegal

Hi, Im 24. I am illegal. Im married almost 2 years already, on US citizen. During our marriage, he abused me verbal, physically and emotionally. I have proofs of his hits, plus there is 4 wholes on the wall in my apt, from his hits, while he was beating me. Even neighbors look at him weird, they hear everything, but never call 911. He abuse me verbally a lot, even outside in the front of people. Plus, i know im illegal, but i have to work, he dont do anything and so i support him, i pay for apt. and for all thing. Im so much tired from abuses....i dont know what to do ...but i dont want he go to jail. Only 1 thing im thinking about to make restriction order. Will it help me,considering my status? What is going to be if i do so? We are going to apply for my green card in few month, but i cannot hold this no more...
lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Abusive husband; Im 24 and illegal

I wish to inform you that you can have green card under VAWA. As you are spouse of US Citizen and have suffered violence from your husband, hence, a petition under VAWA can be filed because you are a battered spouse. Further, you can contact law enforcement agencies and USCIS for further necessary action. Your neighbor can give evidence in your support that violence has been suffered by you from your spouse.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Abusive husband; Im 24 and illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that you can have green card under VAWA. As you are spouse of US Citizen and have suffered violence from your husband, hence, a petition under VAWA can be filed because you are a battered spouse. Further, you can contact law enforcement agencies and USCIS for further necessary action. Your neighbor can give evidence in your support that violence has been suffered by you from your spouse.

AFF
Thank you so much for answer.
But i dont know what i should start from??
Im living now w him. Should i leave him ???but i pay for apt, and i will not have money to pay for another place. He doesnt have money to leave apt...
Then , where actually i have to go to do VAWA?who should i contact for beging?? Maybe i should tell everything to lawyer, who is starting my process??
But living in the same place, and do that kind of staff like report him or VAWA,if he ll know about it , he will get freak out, and can do more worse things to me and im very afraid do it ....

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 552 times