State of Kansas Child Endangerment?

This is a discussion on State of Kansas Child Endangerment? within the Domestic Violence & Abuse forum, part of the Divorce, Separation, Annulment category; In the state of Kansas, is a father who breaks things out of anger with a 2 year old in ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #1
KanSonshine's Flag is: United States

Default State of Kansas Child Endangerment?

In the state of Kansas, is a father who breaks things out of anger with a 2 year old in the house (but not in the same room) liable for Child endangerment. If yes, am I also at fault if I do not call the police. He has a history of criminal damage to property, but has not damaged the rental thus far. Is it still a case of criminal damage to property and domestic abuse since he's been throwing things and breaking them and slamming his fist into his desk that I bought him and breaking it?

Last edited by KanSonshine; Apr 9th, 2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: needed to insert detail
KanSonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: State of Kansas Child Endangerment?

This may amount to child endangerment. Because this activities may not only affect the child physically but also it may mentally affect the child.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

The best thing to do whenever you feel a child might be in danger is to report your concerns to children's services
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanSonshine View Post
In the state of Kansas, is a father who breaks things out of anger with a 2 year old in the house (but not in the same room) liable for Child endangerment. If yes, am I also at fault if I do not call the police. He has a history of criminal damage to property, but has not damaged the rental thus far. Is it still a case of criminal damage to property and domestic abuse since he's been throwing things and breaking them and slamming his fist into his desk that I bought him and breaking it?
No, it's not child endangerment. It's also not domestic violence.

Unless there is direct physical assault, domestic violence is not happening.

Unless the child is place in direct harm, child endangerment is not happening.

Breaking material possession you bought him does not qualify as domestic violence. Those objects are not appendages of you.

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover View Post
The best thing to do whenever you feel a child might be in danger is to report your concerns to children's services
That's a great way to bring scrutiny onto the parent who's concerned and possibly have the child taken away. Bad advice.

In the OP's case, the best thing to do is get out of the living situation and take the child with her. Involving child protective services is a bad idea.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
criminal damage to property, domestic abuse, child endangerment

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1463 times