Is it legal to be arrested out of retaliation for filing complaint?

This is a discussion on Is it legal to be arrested out of retaliation for filing complaint? within the Domestic Violence & Abuse forum, part of the Divorce, Separation, Annulment category; Is it legal for someone to be arrested out of retaliation for filing complaint against officers for misconduct? Arrestee was ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #1

Exclamation Is it legal to be arrested out of retaliation for filing complaint?

Is it legal for someone to be arrested out of retaliation for filing complaint against officers for misconduct?
Arrestee was arrested falsely on charges of adult abuse. Probable cause to arrest stated that the responding officer was told by a city alderman that his father had been hit by his sister, (the alderman gave the officer the name of the sister being accused of hitting their father),and city alderman demanded something done.
Officer arrested not only the sister city alderman named, and also the city alderman wasnt' present during the incident, but also arrested another sister, the one the police were mad at for making complaints against the police for miscondut. In the probable cause statement and police report, there was no mention of the other sister, yet she was arrested.
Both sisters were arrested and taken to jail. During this whole time the sister that wasn't in probable cause or police report was treated a lot different than the sister who the charge was made against at the time it was reported.
They sent the county, MSHP, and city cops to arrest the sister that had filed complaints against the cops.
They refused to let the sister take her medicine as just a few months earlier had went into a coma and almost died and then was told she had diabetes. Now its said she had some kind of toxin that shut down her pancress and started shutting down other organs as well.

Can you please tell me what steps these sisters can take to insure the police harassment and false arrests stop as the police keep trying to make false charges on them out of retaliation of making complaints against them for police misconduct and corruption in office.
sharon09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
false arrest