Sexual abuse vs sexual exploration

This is a discussion on Sexual abuse vs sexual exploration within the Domestic Violence & Abuse forum, part of the Divorce, Separation, Annulment category; My son has been accused of sexually abusing a seven year old girl in Australia twenty-one years ago. He was ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #1

Question Sexual abuse vs sexual exploration

My son has been accused of sexually abusing a seven year old girl in Australia twenty-one years ago. He was fourteen at the time and was in the company of a fifteen year old male friend and two girls of much the same age. There were two seven year old girls involved.
I have spoken with the abused child and she feels no anger against my son but her mother is accusing him of being a pedophile and wants him charged.
How would the legal system go about charging him after all this time, now he is an adult but was a child himself at the time of the offense?
Could this be seen as sexual exploration by children rather than abuse?
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #2

Default Re: Sexual abuse vs sexual exploration

He was not charged, or convicted, but "accused", and probably not formally at that.
In the U.S., a person is innocent until proven guilty. I assume it is the same down-under.
It sounds like this woman has an axe to grind. Ignore her.
tbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #3

Confused Re: Sexual abuse vs sexual exploration

What exactly is laws definition of sexual exploitation? If you have been wrongfully set up for an order using this as their complaint, with no proof and no witnesses just two vindictive women working together to smear someones name. They must have gave testamony or affidavits for a motion to have this order placed. what do you think. What is the recourse here. lavisa
lavisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2910 times