WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > Doing Business in China > How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

This is a discussion on How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers within the Doing Business in China forum, part of the INTERNATIONAL LAW category; This is how I normally do to identify ali baba scammers, with this, you should be ok for quite some ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #1

Default How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

This is how I normally do to identify ali baba scammers, with this, you should be ok for quite some time.

First of all, I do Google search with the name of the company and the word scam. Normally, there should be no page with the company listed with the word scam next to them but if you see at least one, maybe it is a scam. No need to have several pages, only one is necessary.

Secondly, I go on a very good website, fraudwatchers.org who have a list of all website and company listed as scam. They just saved me from sending sample to a scam company.

And thirdly, just ask people around on forums just like this one. I saw a mate who've done that.

Fourth steps is that you can verify the address they gave you and find out what's really on this. Go on The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free and enter the address they gave you to find out if the address is really registered as their business address or at least at their names.

Fifth test is to ask them to phone you. Normally scammers won't do this but beware, some also tries to call you. Please be aware that some scammers uses call redirection which is call callback (I'm not sure of that) or they can use fax to email. Using this, they get number that are listed in U.S.A., U.K. or any European country where in reality, they are located elsewhere.

Sixth, alway inquire about the mail address. This is a mistake scammers often made. Try to see whether the email address comes from a free mail server. Suppose you get a mail from economicdevelopment@mail2cameroon.cc, be sure this is a scam. The mail address (it truely exist and they tried to scam me) is not from the Cameroon government, but from a free mail server. This is how I caught my first scammer.

Seventh and last advice for the time being; JUST COME AND ASK ME. Yes, you can come and ask me and I'll help you. I've been for so much time victim of scammer, who fortunately failed in their attempts, that I've got some pretty much experience.

This is approximately all I can remember for the time being but again, if you need advices, feel free to contact me, it's free
elinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 03:16 AM   #2
georgey

Angry re: How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

Here are two chinese scammer companies . stay away from these companies

1. Shijiazhuang Zhongqifeng Commerce And Trade Co., Ltd.
person name - Lei Zheng,

2. Shandong Sida Industry and Trade Corp. Ltd.
person name - Vinas Wang, Penny Lin and Selina chen,

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 10:48 PM   #3
James Hamilton

Default Re: How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

Forget Alibaba! Use the Verified Suppliers available at Global Sources (www.globalsources.com). They been in business since 1971 -- very trustworthy. Global Sources also runs China Sourcing Fairs -- giant trade events held in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Dubai and Mumbai, where you can meet suppliers vface to face before doing business with them. (More info is on their website.)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #4
Unregistered

yeah globalsources has some legit suppliers unlike alibaba scammers

Old Mar 24th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #5
Unregistered

Angry Re: How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

alibaba scammers = chinese scammers

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #6
sphinx7's Flag is: China

Send a message via MSN to sphinx7 Send a message via Skype™ to sphinx7

Thanks elinchu, very useful!
Leon, from Qingdao, China, 10 years export experience, reliable QC, good English and Chinese. MSN: leonyu0532@hotmail.com, Skype: leonyu0532, Email: leonyu0532@gmail.com, Business website: www.grandcrowncn.com (sourcing service), personal website: www.ileonyu.com (Tips on trading with Chinese, to know Leon BETTER!)
sphinx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Unregistered

Majority of Alibaba’s suppliers are legitimate businesses. However, you must research on the credibility of an online supplier before you buy, just as you would with a real-life business partner. Alibaba is only a platform between the buyers and the suppliers, nothing more. They do not own inventory but simply connect buyers with sellers.

Using escrow as a form of payment instead of Western Union is one way of protecting yourself. If you need more tips, browse through Alibaba forums. Be wise and the opportunity will be unlimited.

Old Jul 15th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #8
orientcredit's Flag is: China

Send a message via Skype™ to orientcredit

Well, it's an interesting threat!

However, we do have some free and practical tips to help business people avoid Chinese Fraud and Scam from the viewpoint of the local knowledge.

Article link: OrientCredit: China Credit Checks, Due Diligence, Background Checks and Market Research

You can contact me if you want to know more about China company verification and credit status checking. We are a local Chinese company verification and credit reporting agency, and we can help clients to verify their business license as well as assess the credit situation of their Chinese partners.

Please visit our website if you need more assistance.

Old Jul 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #9
Unregistered

Never pay by Western Union.

No legit business handles payments that way.

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:14 AM   #10
Unregistered

Cool Re: How to identify Chinese ali baba scammers from legit suppliers

Hi I would like to know about the Shenzhen Bingyu Trade Ltd. on Alibaba. All that you said seems to be ok with them. The website looks legit, the address is registered, I even found a phone number I want to call tomorrow and I could not found anything with that company name and scam. They do seem to be a new company but please let me know what you think about them before I buy anything from them. Thanks so much for your advices. Cenia

Bookmark & Share

Tags
china scam

This thread has 48 replies and has been viewed 42578 times