settlement agreement: what does status quo mean here?

This is a discussion on settlement agreement: what does status quo mean here? within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My settlement agreement (June 07) has a paragraph stating that "The parties shall maintain status quo UNTIL COMPLETION OF THE ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 08:29 AM   #1
vickie

Default settlement agreement: what does status quo mean here?

My settlement agreement (June 07) has a paragraph stating that "The parties shall maintain status quo UNTIL COMPLETION OF THE CLOSING OF THE MARITAL HOME."(emphasis is mine). The house is on the market, but not sold yet. My ex now wants me to take my name off a joint credit union acct "which shall first be used to pay the mediators fees, the Discover and Visa cards" and then "the balance to be equally divided between the parties. Thereafter this account shall be awarded to the Defendant husband as his sole and separate property". If I take my name off the acct, I have no recourse to make sure he pays what he's supposed to, and I am still using the joint credit cards to pay for groceries, gas, prescriptions, etc. He has been, and still is, lying to me about some of the provisions he's supposed to comply with and has often shorted me on the money he deposits in the joint checking acct every month to maintain the status quo. I double check everything he tells me and then let him know I've figured out the truth. What are my rights re status quo here?
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: settlement agreement: what does status quo mean here?

You can wait until the closing to make any other changes! That is what it seems to say.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: what does status quo mean Today!

Status Quo In Today's Economy:

Given the recession, loss of jobs and overall hard economic times how can one expect a trial judge to rule in favor of keeping the 'status quo' ? Assume that either the Husband or the Wife were the breadwinners in the previous robust economy. One wants a divorce and demands that the other keeps the status quo, however the other was layed off or can't find a job that pays the same past wages. Does the court now accept the reality of today's economy and have sympathy ? Are there any recent court decisions on this matter?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4031 times