British Divorce Law (Bermuda, USA)

This is a discussion on British Divorce Law (Bermuda, USA) within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I am an Americam whom married a Bermudian and moved to Bermuda with him. After 10 years of verbal abuse ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #1

EEK! British Divorce Law (Bermuda, USA)

I am an Americam whom married a Bermudian and moved to Bermuda with him. After 10 years of verbal abuse causing aniety, elevated blood pressure and chlorestrol, sleeping diorders, etc. I have left him and moved backed to the states. Bermuda is under British law, which I find very confusing. Everything just seems to take so long. I am receiving court ordered alimony because I am unable to work anymore. Does anyone know British Law enough to advise me about some of their divorce laws?
hhtrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Top Level Member
randalljd's Flag is: United States

Default re: British Divorce Law (Bermuda, USA)

Which court has ordered that? Was a divorce filed?
randalljd is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #3
Unregistered

Confused re: British Divorce Law (Bermuda, USA)

Thank you for responding to my questions. I'm not sure I understand your question but the Bermuda Magistrate ordered the maintenance after the Judge accepted my petition. The primary issue I don't understand is what are the guidlines for the judge to determine "unreasonable behavior." I would really appreciate your input. Thank you.
Ps I do understand that the British Law is not the one and same as Bermuda laws, however, the barristers are educated in British Law.

Old Jan 21st, 2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default re: British Divorce Law (Bermuda, USA)

Not sure we follow your question...

unreasonable behaviour in what context?

Old Jan 21st, 2008, 11:09 PM   #5
Unregistered

Thumbs Down re: British Divorce Law (Bermuda, USA)

Verbal abuse causing health problems serious enough for me to be unable to work---they call it unreasonable behavior

Bookmark & Share

Tags
married a bermudian

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 4397 times