Bigamy - Philippines/ Nevada

This is a discussion on Bigamy - Philippines/ Nevada within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Hello i hope u can help me atty.. My husband marry me in 2011 here in the Philippines, without me ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1
marie00027's Flag is: Philippines

Default Bigamy - Philippines/ Nevada

Hello i hope u can help me atty.. My husband marry me in 2011 here in the Philippines, without me knowing that he is already married in Las Vegas, Nevada. He did not secure a copy of legal capacity because his 2 weeks vacation is too short to get one in us embassy.. The atty made a cohabitation which i and my husband signed that we are living together for 5 years before the date of marriage which is a complete lie. After 5 months,he did not talk or communicate to me anymore, and i found out that he is married in Nevada the time he marry me, i went to nso and i got a copy of our marriage contract, does our marriage considered as null & void? And do i have a chance to file a bigamy case against him? Can i write an email to the DA COUNTY CLARK NEVADA to report the marriage he did here in Philippines? Please i hope u can help me..
marie00027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Bigamy - Philippines/ Nevada

I wish to inform you that a marriage subject to the jurisdiction of the law in the Philippines can be held to be null and void if it is bigamous or if contracted by one party through mistake as to the identity of the other party. You may file a lawsuit in the local family court to declare the marriage null and void. The burden to prove in the court that you were mistaken as to the identity of the other party will be on you. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. Alternatively, you may report the matter to the Attorney General in Nevada. Bigamy is illegal in Nevada. The Attorney General will investigate your complaint.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Bigamy - Philippines/ Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie00027 View Post
Hello i hope u can help me atty.. My husband marry me in 2011 here in the Philippines, without me knowing that he is already married in Las Vegas, Nevada. He did not secure a copy of legal capacity because his 2 weeks vacation is too short to get one in us embassy.. The atty made a cohabitation which i and my husband signed that we are living together for 5 years before the date of marriage which is a complete lie. After 5 months,he did not talk or communicate to me anymore, and i found out that he is married in Nevada the time he marry me, i went to nso and i got a copy of our marriage contract, does our marriage considered as null & void? And do i have a chance to file a bigamy case against him? Can i write an email to the DA COUNTY CLARK NEVADA to report the marriage he did here in Philippines? Please i hope u can help me..
This is a duplicate thread.
Friend In Court is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #4

Thank u so much for the answer affa and friend in court

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #5

One thing more, how can i report to the atty general in nevada? Thanks again for the help

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Top Level Member

Quote:
One thing more, how can i report to the atty general in nevada? Thanks again for the help
Yes, you can report to the AG in Nevada. But the jurisdiction he committed bigamy in is the Philippines. It is in the Philippines he committed bigamy, not Nevada. Philippines authorities are the ones to prosecute, if and when they catch him back in the Philippines.

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #7

some said as long as i have the evidence that he marry me here, the sheriff dept will investigate in nevada and he will get to jail and chances are he will be deported in philippines. so u are teling me thats wrong?

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Top Level Member

Quote:
some said as long as i have the evidence that he marry me here, the sheriff dept will investigate in nevada and he will get to jail and chances are he will be deported in philippines. so u are teling me thats wrong?
Is he a US citizen or Phillipine national ? The answer makes a big difference. Because if he is a Philippine citizen, married to you in the Philippines, then created a bigamous marriage in Nevada, then US authorities would be interested. And so would ICE. If so, report to both, Clark County Nevada Sheriff's office. And ICE.

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #9

He is american citizen, wento to nevada when he was 15yrs old. And got his amercan citizenship.. What is the big difference?

Old Dec 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #10
Top Level Member

Quote:
He is american citizen, wento to nevada when he was 15yrs old. And got his amercan citizenship.. What is the big difference?
The big difference is as a US citizen he could have filed for divorce in the US and may have for all you know. You really need to check it out first before alleging bigamy.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 691 times