Husband won't sign papers to sell house and I have paid the mortgage

This is a discussion on Husband won't sign papers to sell house and I have paid the mortgage within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I am getting a divorce. I have been the bread winner for the entire 12 year marriage. He asked for ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #1
kpinkney's Flag is: United States

Angry Husband won't sign papers to sell house and I have paid the mortgage

I am getting a divorce. I have been the bread winner for the entire 12 year marriage. He asked for the divorce. The marriage was horrible with him cheating on me several times with other "MEN". I have paid the mortgage and 99% of all the bills. I want do do a short sale on the house so that I can keep my security clearance because with a foreclosure, I will lose it and my good paying job. He is being very mean and nasty to me right now and because I cover all the bills I cannot get a lawyer right now. What can I do, I am desparate. I am considering having all the utilities cut off and moving out. I AM DESPARATE, PLEASE HELP!!!!
kpinkney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Husband won't sign papers to sell house and I have paid the mortgage

I wish to inform you that you may discuss with the bank and can have a short sale. You require consent of your husband if he is owner of the house. In that case generally loan will be in the name of your husband and you cannot be liable for any default. As you are paying all the money therefore you may inform your husband that as you are not going to pay for the house and thus house may get foreclosed or short sale. It will have a better financial implication if short sale is done because foreclosure expenses are more and all the financial implications have to be borne by your husband if he is owner.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Husband won't sign papers to sell house and I have paid the mortgage

As part of your divorce, the property division will be part of the final settlement so the court will order it sold. If you have already filed, which you should have by now, you can file an emergency motion to order the house short sold due to the emergent circumstances.

You need to get the divorce under way and moving if you intend to sell any of the assets. Under court order, the husband then will have no choice but to comply with the order.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinkney View Post
I am getting a divorce. I have been the bread winner for the entire 12 year marriage. He asked for the divorce. The marriage was horrible with him cheating on me several times with other "MEN". I have paid the mortgage and 99% of all the bills. I want do do a short sale on the house so that I can keep my security clearance because with a foreclosure, I will lose it and my good paying job. He is being very mean and nasty to me right now and because I cover all the bills I cannot get a lawyer right now. What can I do, I am desparate. I am considering having all the utilities cut off and moving out. I AM DESPARATE, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Before attempting to answer, could you please provide the name of the state you both reside in? That makes a difference.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2438 times