Steps for divorce... My husband refused to leave our house.

This is a discussion on Steps for divorce... My husband refused to leave our house. within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Finally I decided to end my relationship with my husband due to issues of cheating & trust, I told him ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #1
pochay1973's Flag is: United States

Default Steps for divorce... My husband refused to leave our house.

Finally I decided to end my relationship with my husband due to issues of cheating & trust, I told him about my decision but he refused to leave our house. I said to him that I wanted a divorce.
pochay1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default re: Steps for divorce... My husband refused to leave our house.

Almost all the states are no fault divorce jurisdictions. To get a divorce you need to file. You do not need his permission to get a divorce. If you want to him to leave the house, you remain in possession that is one of the things to request, possibly a motion to follow right behind the initial filing that you be granted possession of the family home pending the final decree of divorce and division of property and that he be ordered to take up residence elsewhere.

My recommendation is to see a lawyer and get things underway.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Steps for divorce... My husband refused to leave our house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochay1973 View Post
Finally I decided to end my relationship with my husband due to issues of cheating & trust, I told hm about my decision but he refused to leave our house. I said to him that I wanted a divorce.
It's reasonable that he refused to leave his own home. There really is no valid reason (at least none that you have provided here) for him to have to leave his own home. Cheating and trust do no add up to forcing a person out of their own home. Perhaps if he were being physically abusive, that would be a more valid reason. But simply not wanting to be married to him anymore therefore the onus is on him to leave is simply not enough reason.

If a person wants to be away from their spouse, they leave. They don't expect the other to do so. You started this ball rolling, you must live with the consequences of your actions.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2333 times