How to file divorce: I accepted Islam before our marriage.

This is a discussion on How to file divorce: I accepted Islam before our marriage. within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Hi Im a Philippine National and accepted islam before our marriage on the 3rd of January 2008 with a Pakistani ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Aleta's Flag is: Philippines

Unhappy How to file divorce: I accepted Islam before our marriage.

Hi Im a Philippine National and accepted islam before our marriage on the 3rd of January 2008 with a Pakistani national.We lived together for 2 years without any child. Due to some circumstances in Dubai my husband went back in Pakistan and I went home Philippines and without my knowledge he made another marriage.

We are now separated for more than a year but we have communication thru chatting and yet he doesnt have any plans of calling me to Pakistan or coming here in Philippines. He just kept on promising that his doing something so both of us can settle other countries but I cannot believe him since its now more than a year that we are separated and even I told my husband that Im ready to face the life in Pakistan as long as we are together and yet he refused it.

Im seeking advice on how to file a divorce to my husband since he already made another marriage and his not supporting me financially or doesnt have any plans for both of us. I asked divorce from him and yet his not giving me divorce and Im feeling that his just keeping me for what? I even told him that Im not asking for any maher or any alimony just I need my freedom since he has his life now in pakistan.

Please help me to solve my problem.

Thanks
Aleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default re: How to file divorce: I accepted Islam before our marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post
Hi Im a Philippine National and accepted islam before our marriage on the 3rd of January 2008 with a Pakistani national.We lived together for 2 years without any child. Due to some circumstances in Dubai my husband went back in Pakistan and I went home Philippines and without my knowledge he made another marriage.

We are now separated for more than a year but we have communication thru chatting and yet he doesnt have any plans of calling me to Pakistan or coming here in Philippines. He just kept on promising that his doing something so both of us can settle other countries but I cannot believe him since its now more than a year that we are separated and even I told my husband that Im ready to face the life in Pakistan as long as we are together and yet he refused it.

Im seeking advice on how to file a divorce to my husband since he already made another marriage and his not supporting me financially or doesnt have any plans for both of us. I asked divorce from him and yet his not giving me divorce and Im feeling that his just keeping me for what? I even told him that Im not asking for any maher or any alimony just I need my freedom since he has his life now in pakistan.

Thanks
Divorce is not allowed under Philippine law, only annulment which can be quite difficult to obtain -- there must be grounds like failure to support, etc.

I'm providing some information on divorce in Muslim societies from Wikipedia and links available online:

"In Muslim societies, legislation concerning divorce varies from country to country. Different Muslim scholars can have slightly differing interpretations of divorce in Islam, (e.g. concerning triple talaq).
No-fault divorce is allowed in Muslim societies, although normally only with the consent of the husband. A wife seeking divorce is normally required to give one of several specific justifications (see below).
If the man seeks divorce or was divorced, he has to cover the expenses of his ex-wife feeding his child and expenses of the child until the child is two years old (that is if the child is under two years old). The child is still the child of the couple despite the divorce.
If it is the wife who seeks divorce, she must go to a court. She must provide evidence of ill treatment, inability to sustain her financially, sexual impotence on the part of the husband, her dislike of his looks, etc. The husband may be given time to fix the problem, but if he fails, the appointed judge will divorce the couple if the couple still wish to be divorced.
See also: Talaq (conflict) and At-Talaq

This would govern your obtaining a divorce in a Muslim country.

Here's the link for your obtaining an annulment in the Philippines:

Annulement In The Philippines | Philippine Law Firm
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Top Level Member

Default re: How to file divorce: I accepted Islam before our marriage.

bcphilippineslawyers.com/philippines-divorce-and-annulment

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: How to file divorce: I accepted Islam before our marriage.

To whom it may concern;

I am Christian married to a Filipino-Muslim man for over 2 years.

I am currently residing in Dubai. I have not seen nor heard from him for over 2 years until recently that he wants to file for Divorce as apparently, he has been living with another woman for all those years that we have been married. Oh, have I mentioned they have 2 kids one of which he had before we even got married (of course, I am unaware of that) Technically, he has never been a husband.

I do not have any problem with that seeing as I do not want to ever have anything to do with them ever. He has been an unfaithful, useless prick! I have received numerous emails from the "other" woman of which I find it highly annoying.

I can be a b*tch and not agree with the Divorce and fight for my rights as the LEGAL WIFE knowing that he is to inherit a huge amount of money once his dad passes (knock on wood) Hence, I am not going to do it as I am not an immoral-type-of-person.

I know that Divorce is to no avail in the Philippines and although we had a Civil Wedding, can he actually exercise his rights as a Muslim to file for a divorce under Sharia's court? We don't have any kids and will never want to have one atleast not from him.

Please advise. Thanks

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #5
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: How to file divorce: I accepted Islam before our marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post

Thanks
as a honestly dear sister i am also pakistani, but i hate these kind of because of these problems. i have also philippine girl friend. we are going to marry. he just lie with you and cheate with you, he just use you, you must take action to him. if u need my help i will ready for help you because i love philippine prople they are very kind and honest specially girls. sorry for it.
and now a days i am planning for move to philippine because of my future wife. even i know philippine has problems like pakistan has problem even i know the pakistan is little bit safe more then philippine.
so i would like to advise you. you should take action to him if you have right any marriage documents. i will tell you process and ways. he will be in inside jail. if you do it. sorry i can not tell u my real name.
you can contact me on ogawa ayako at yahoo dot com
thanks
mmm

Old May 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
as a honestly dear sister i am also pakistani, but i hate these kind of because of these problems. i have also philippine girl friend. we are going to marry. he just lie with you and cheate with you, he just use you, you must take action to him. if u need my help i will ready for help you because i love philippine prople they are very kind and honest specially girls. sorry for it.
and now a days i am planning for move to philippine because of my future wife. even i know philippine has problems like pakistan has problem even i know the pakistan is little bit safe more then philippine.
so i would like to advise you. you should take action to him if you have right any marriage documents. i will tell you process and ways. he will be in inside jail. if you do it. sorry i can not tell u my real name.
thanks
mmm
AlureFeb 12, 2013, 06:58 AM

I just want to ask, I am applying for U.S fiance visa.I am a Filipina married in Islam rights, but I was divorced through Islam court known as Shariah, I have all the documents that shows I am divorced, an authenticated NSO decree of divorce, Certificate of Divorce, The finality of Divorce and annotated marriage contract from NSO also... Will the U?S? Consul accept my papers? Or will my I be denied of Fiancé visa?

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #7
seekinganswer's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:

I just want to ask, I am applying for U.S fiance visa.I am a Filipina married in Islam rights, but I was divorced through Islam court known as Shariah, I have all the documents that shows I am divorced, an authenticated NSO decree of divorce, Certificate of Divorce, The finality of Divorce and annotated marriage contract from NSO also... Will the U?S? Consul accept my papers? Or will my I be denied of Fiancé visa?
Guys help how to file a divorce under sharia court i need to get a singleness fron NSO, me and my ex already separated long time ago under muslim arangement what to do to get divorce paper to the sharia court?
seekinganswer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #8
Top Level Member

All of the above should be filed as separate posts in their own right so they can be answered individually.

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:

I think it will not be a problem to your US Visa application since you have all your documents attested.
By the way, I just want to know, how much did it cost you for a divorce?
Goodluck!!

Old Aug 21st, 2013, 07:00 AM   #10
jing

Quote:
thanks
mmm
Dear Pakistani man,
Ok, i think i will need your help, are you still in pakistan right now? if i will give you my husbands address in opakistan, you think you can help me find out if my Husband married there? Anyway, it is not my loss, i have great kids with him and i have a happy life with out him. All i need to know if he is committed to anyone in pakistan, bec every time i ask him he always Denys it. Your gf is lucky, i was in her shoes before, i hope you wont change.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
conflict, divorce, dubai, pakistan, philippines, talaq, triple talaq

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 4200 times