How much it cost to get a subpoena in Indiana?

This is a discussion on How much it cost to get a subpoena in Indiana? within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My attorney is telling me that it cost alot to get a subpoena done. This is for the state of ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1
billw

Default How much it cost to get a subpoena in Indiana?

My attorney is telling me that it cost alot to get a subpoena done. This is for the state of Indiana. He did not say how much. What is the usual cost of getting a subpena done to check out the wifes hidden account?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: How much it cost to get a subpoena in Indiana?

I wish to inform you that Indiana Rules of Civil Procedure govern costs regarding Subpoena. In this Rule 45 provides about Subpoena. Rule 45(G) and (H) dealing with costs states as follows:
"(G) Tender of fees. Service of a subpoena upon a person named therein shall be made by delivering a copy thereof to such person who shall be required to attend outside his county of residence as provided in section (C), and by so tendering to him the fees for one [1] day's attendance and the mileage allowed by law. Such tender shall not be required to be made to a party who is subpoenaed or to an officer, employee, agent or representative of a party which is an organization, including the estate or any governmental organization, who is being examined upon any matter connected in any way with his employment or with duties to the organization.

(H) Proof of service of subpoena - Fees. When a subpoena is served by the sheriff or his deputy, his return shall be proof of service. When served by any other person the service must be shown by affidavit. No fees or costs for the service of a subpoena shall be collected or charged as costs except when service is made by the sheriff or his deputy."

Above Rule provides about the cost of Subpoena. In this cost of Subpoena is governed by the Rule as specified above.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Unregistered

Short answer--not expensive. Takes a little time to draft. Not sure why the atty said that.

Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #4
billw

Here are his exact words from his e-mail.
"Preparing the subpoena, serving opposing counsel with notice of intention to file subpoena, preparing 3rd party request for production of documents, reviewing the results and forwarding to you, the cost will be somewhere between $750 and $1000 and will take anywhere from 30 to 60 days to complete."

Old Mar 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Unregistered

A paralegal can do it for 200 bucks. If you really need it done. He doesn't even have to see it.

Perhaps tell him do it for $400... unless you are late in the process and past the discovery deadlines?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 3205 times