Going through divorce and just found out I'm pregnant

This is a discussion on Going through divorce and just found out I'm pregnant within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Well today I just found out I'm pregnant. My husband is the father. I don't know how many weeks I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 01:02 AM   #1

Default Going through divorce and just found out I'm pregnant

Well today I just found out I'm pregnant. My husband is the father. I don't know how many weeks I am at this point. I had just completed and filed the divorce decree a few days prior. I don't know what to do. My husband at this point wants me to have an abortion since we are no longer married and he cannot deal with another child. We have a 3 year old child. He has been verbally and physically abusive during our marriage. He has said he will not want to be a part of this child's life if I have it and went on to state how he would not be involved with our 3 year old if this child is born. Its just so complicated right now. It has taken 2 years for me to conceive again. Financially, I am stable. I cannot imagine myself going through an abortion. How should I go about this? Please help.
camry24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 07:25 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Going through divorce and just found out I'm pregnant

Although abortion laws change from State to State, however, in general all the States prohibit coerced abortion except in case of medical emergency. In your case, you can refuse to abortion and can give birth to child. As regards payment by father for child support it is paid by one parent to the other parent having custody over the child so that child well being is taken care of. It is paid as decided by the Court and setting a precondition of having abortion of second child to pay child allowance of first child is not allowed. The main consideration of child allowance is the well being of child.

AFF

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Unregistered

If you go ahead and have an abortion due to his immature, sadistic threats, he will obtain the ultimate power over you. He doesn't want to be involved in either child's life? His loss, not yours. Don't abort a baby you want just because your husband is still a childish moron.

He may not be a part of their lives, but you can receive child support from him, as it is his LEGAL duty and obligation to financially support children he created. He cannot force you to have an abortion. Don't fall for his immature me, me, me mentality. The man sounds as if he needs psychological intervention if he's even involving his 3 year old. (nee, threatening not to even be a part of that child's life either, if the one you are carrying now is born). That is just reprehensible.

Good luck to you.

Old Dec 27th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Ms. Evans

Smile Re: Going through divorce and just found out I'm pregnant

Young Lady,
Don't you for one second let that loser talk you into murder. That child is very much alive inside of you. In a few months, as you know, you will feel it's little kick! God will hold all responsible at the time of judgement. If he has treated you like that and is saying things like that, then I am very proud of you for getting yourself and your child out of that situation. That baby inside of you will fill your soul and haunt it if you make the wrong decision. Regardless of your financial situation, that child deserves his chance to live just like everyone else. As for the father, he deserves to be put through the ringer. Thats not very nice of me to say, but Lord forbid a man even think something like that about his child, let alone say it! I would keep my children away from him if it they will not be safe with him. If he feels this way, it would not be wise to let him have un-supervised visitation with this new child, or the other child for that matter. Your children may have an "accident" and your soul would destroy itself. I met a young lady that was addicted to meth and had several abortions and lost her children to state. While in state, her little girl died. The woman now doesn't give a f*ck. She cooks, does dope, and has absolutely no regards for anyone or anything. She took my family from me by cheating with my husband, and told my kids that I wasn't woman enough to keep my man. God Bless her because she needs saving grace. Think of your children and your best interest and nothing else. You already know what you can and cannot live with for the rest of your life.

Old Dec 27th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Unregistered

Smile Re: Going through divorce and just found out I'm pregnant

By the way dear, Congratulations! We single mothers have it hard, but without the fighting and abuse, as was I in the same situation, they become happier individuals. It is no doubt hard and lonely at times, but the beautiful innocence and serenity of a child's face, especially whenever they come up and give you a big sloppy kiss and say "mommy, i wuv u", you'll keep that forever. I have yet to find a man that gives me the peace and happiness that my children provide to me on a daily basis. So keep your head up, your mind clear, and your Bible open. Your unborn child, not to mention your 3 year old, will thank you. Good Luck love, and God Bless you and your children. May guardian angels protect and keep ya'll safe!

Old Mar 13th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #6

My mom was a single mom and she found a wonderful man who later raised us all as his own, and we consider him as our father.

It's not WHO the man is - it's all about what the man DOES... I would recommend keeping the child - I myself went through three abortions and then I found my husband - we now have two kids, and everything is great - BUT - those abortions tore the **** outta me for a LOOOOONG time.
rubberant006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2952 times