married less than a year does she get anything from me

This is a discussion on married less than a year does she get anything from me within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; i have been married for less than a year and divorce has been brought up more than once when we ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default married less than a year does she get anything from me

i have been married for less than a year and divorce has been brought up more than once when we fight. what i need to know is does she get half of everything i own? does she get any of my retirement? does she get alimony? we dont have any kids together but she has 2 from 2 different guys. so no need for child support. i've been divorced before and we took what we brought to the marriage and that was it. someone please help me.
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: married less than a year does she get anything from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have been married for less than a year and divorce has been brought up more than once when we fight. what i need to know is does she get half of everything i own? does she get any of my retirement? does she get alimony? we dont have any kids together but she has 2 from 2 different guys. so no need for child support. i've been divorced before and we took what we brought to the marriage and that was it. someone please help me.
please any advice will help....i need something....

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Unregistered

It's difficult to tell. What State do you reside in? Many States have different laws. It's doubtful she'd get alimony since you've been married for such a short time. She may be entitled to community property, however. The best advice is to consult an attorney in your area.

Old Sep 20th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Unregistered

i live in ohio

Old Sep 20th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
i live in ohio
ok so basically people log on here write something and then maybe some random person might of had this happen to them...so many people look at these read them and then cant give any type of advice...

Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:58 AM   #6
Unregistered

You were given advice. Whether you follow through with it is entirely up to you.

Old Sep 24th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
You were given advice. Whether you follow through with it is entirely up to you.
of the advice someone gave me.....i did contact a lawyer and they said she gets nothing.....but what i have come to realize is that the divorce is not what i want.....i have chosen to purchase the book fire proof, based off the movie.....i am currently on day 5 and things are very hard not gonna lie....she is not responding to anything that i have done so far....well if anyone has seen the movie it took her for ever to realize what was going on and that he never gave up....well that is what im doing.......i plan to finish the book and do everything it tells me to....i am hoping for the best and not wishing for the worse

Old Sep 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #8
Unregistered

Well, good luck with that. Just keep in mind you can't make another person love you or stay with you. You can only be yourself. I hope things work out for you and your marriage. At least you're trying instead of heading off to divorce court the minute things get a little rough.

Old Sep 29th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #9
wishingwell

Quote:
The only thing she gets is what assets acquired during the marriage. She is not entitled to your retirement. If she does not work, You may have to pay her alimony, but generally only for 1/2 of the time you have been married, which luckily for you/bad for her, won't be long. As you probably know, the kids from her previous relationships have ZERO bearing on how things are distributed between the two of you (Just make sure you don't get her pregnant until YEARS after you both have worked things out and are happy. This is a huge mistake men and women make in the midst of a breakup). Good luck to you.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 12097 times