Can I legally remove my possessions from the house

This is a discussion on Can I legally remove my possessions from the house within the Divorce, Separation, Annulment forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Can I legally remove MY possessions from the house? I have some furniture that I brought into the marriage. I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 05:40 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Can I legally remove my possessions from the house

Can I legally remove MY possessions from the house? I have some furniture that I brought into the marriage. I also have MY room, which has MY books, CDs, TV, couch and chair. She has HER room. What are my legal rights? What can happen if I do remove what I consider to be mine?
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I legally remove my possessions from the house

Of course you can move your possessions. No, nothing will happen if you move what is rightfully yours.

The only thing that can happen is she can potentially take you to small claims court if you remove anything she can prove is hers. But you are free to move your possessions.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1351 times