GETTING BACK INTO THE USA AFTER BEING DEPORTED IN 1997 FOR DRUG CHARGES

This is a discussion on GETTING BACK INTO THE USA AFTER BEING DEPORTED IN 1997 FOR DRUG CHARGES within the Deportation & Removal Issues forum, part of the Other Immigration Law & Visas category; MY FIANCE WAS CONVICTED OF CONSPIRACY AND INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE DRUGS IN 1992. HE WAS SENTENCED TO 5 YEARS IN ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #1
USAMX's Flag is: United States

Default GETTING BACK INTO THE USA AFTER BEING DEPORTED IN 1997 FOR DRUG CHARGES

MY FIANCE WAS CONVICTED OF CONSPIRACY AND INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE DRUGS IN 1992. HE WAS SENTENCED TO 5 YEARS IN THE FEDERAL PENETENTIARY WHERE HE SERVED HIS FULL SENTENCE. AFTER BEING RELEASED IN 1997 HE WAS THEN TRANSFERRED OVER TO IMMIGRATION WHERE HE WENT IN FRONT OF A JUDGE AND WAS TOLD THAT HIS U.S RESIDENCY WAS BEING TAKEN AWAY . HE WAS BANNED FROM ENTERING THE U.S., FOR 10 YEARS. IT HAS NOW BEEN 16 YEARS. WHAT STEPS DO I NEED TO TAKE SO HE CAN COME BACK TO THE UNITED STATES. WE HAVE 5 CHILDREN TOGETHER ALL OF THEM BORN IN THE UNITED STATES.
USAMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #2
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Default Re: GETTING BACK INTO THE USA AFTER BEING DEPORTED IN 1997 FOR DRUG CHARGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAMX View Post
MY FIANCE WAS CONVICTED OF CONSPIRACY AND INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE DRUGS IN 1992. HE WAS SENTENCED TO 5 YEARS IN THE FEDERAL PENETENTIARY WHERE HE SERVED HIS FULL SENTENCE. AFTER BEING RELEASED IN 1997 HE WAS THEN TRANSFERRED OVER TO IMMIGRATION WHERE HE WENT IN FRONT OF A JUDGE AND WAS TOLD THAT HIS U.S RESIDENCY WAS BEING TAKEN AWAY . HE WAS BANNED FROM ENTERING THE U.S., FOR 10 YEARS. IT HAS NOW BEEN 16 YEARS. WHAT STEPS DO I NEED TO TAKE SO HE CAN COME BACK TO THE UNITED STATES. WE HAVE 5 CHILDREN TOGETHER ALL OF THEM BORN IN THE UNITED STATES.
As a general rule, those who have been convicted of a controlled substance felony may be denied entry back into the US, and denial of a green card as well.

Perhaps your fiance should have thought about the consequences of his choices when he decided to get involved in distribution of controlled substances. I'm pretty sure those consequences will include never getting to come back to the US to see his children.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: GETTING BACK INTO THE USA AFTER BEING DEPORTED IN 1997 FOR DRUG CHARGES

Your case is a special circumstances due to the children so I would first look on the UCIS website at the different documents and instructions read every line closest to your scenario. Then go talk tot a lawyer. If you are low income call look for lawyers that work for lower rates online. Like a lawyer referral service and have a consultation choose a lawyer who's initial consultation fee is free then let them tell you what you should do since the 10 year ban is up. You can see as many lawyers as you want. Also state by state their are special coalitions and groups that help immigrants and families of immigrants even illegals and deported immigrants. They give out free information and will steer you in the right direction.

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyclaus View Post
As a general rule, those who have been convicted of a controlled substance felony may be denied entry back into the US, and denial of a green card as well.

Perhaps your fiance should have thought about the consequences of his choices when he decided to get involved in distribution of controlled substances. I'm pretty sure those consequences will include never getting to come back to the US to see his children.

Sandyclause, you exhibit a cold heart and closed mind. You're not and will never be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. I hope you and your family ever don't have to be separated because of your imperfections.

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sandyclause, you exhibit a cold heart and closed mind. You're not and will never be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. I hope you and your family ever don't have to be separated because of your imperfections.
The crimes committed by this person aren't "imperfections". This person made a conscious choice to conspire and distribute drugs in the US. It's bad enough that we have our own citizens perpetuating these kinds of criminal activity. We don't need non-citizens doing the same thing and thinking that they can just get a slap on the wrist for it.

Choices have consequences, and this person's poor choices cost him his US residency and will end up costing him the privilege of entering the US again in the future. I have no sympathy for him. He chose to risk his life and his family in the US, and now his family has to pay the price by being separated from him. Who I do feel bad for are his fiance and children who, because of his poor judgment, will end up having to live without him unless they, too, return to his country of origin.

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #6
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Quote:
What she is doing is citing factual interpretation of US Code. It does not matter how many bastards he has in the US, the fact that he was is a convicted of a major drug related crime will preclude him being permitted back.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Unregistered

the first thing you need to do is to file a I130 Petition for Alien Relative. once that is approved you need to file a I601 Petition To Reenter After Deportation and attach the approved copy of the I130 to it. now you just have to wait for an answer from immigration. it is up to the US Attorney General's discretion to grant or deny a Petition to Reenter After Deportation. it usually takes about a year for the process. you should consult with free legal immigration services for help.

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Quote:
the first thing you need to do is to file a I130 Petition for Alien Relative. once that is approved you need to file a I601 Petition To Reenter After Deportation and attach the approved copy of the I130 to it. now you just have to wait for an answer from immigration. it is up to the US Attorney General's discretion to grant or deny a Petition to Reenter After Deportation. it usually takes about a year for the process. you should consult with free legal immigration services for help.
Not going to happen due to his background. If USAMX loves him so much, she should pack up his bastards and move to his country. The fact that she has not, shows her lack of love. She just wants him here to collect child support.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #9

Quote:
That's NOT going to happen. Hiring an attorney would be a waste of time, because as soon as the USCIS sees a drug conviction on their record, it's going to be an automatic denial.

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
Not going to happen due to his background. If USAMX loves him so much, she should pack up his bastards and move to his country. The fact that she has not, shows her lack of love. She just wants him here to collect child support.
If you intend to use the term "bastard" for every child born out of wedlock, I trust you will do so for every post in this forum for every unmarried couple. And your conclusions are cruel. Not a legal opinion but my personal one.

It is easy to see why you picked the handle you did.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 5029 times