WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law & Visas > Deportation & Removal Issues > Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.)

Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.)

This is a discussion on Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.) within the Deportation & Removal Issues forum, part of the Other Immigration Law & Visas category; Hi, I am confused about what exactly a pardon is, as my father says he has to request a pardon ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #1
legal123's Flag is: United States

Question Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.)

Hi,

I am confused about what exactly a pardon is, as my father says he has to request a pardon after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S. Does he actually have to do this or can he just apply for a visa? Will it help if he applies for a pardon?

Thanks for your response.
legal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.)

I wish to inform you that pardon is generally applied so that restriction because of federal offence can be removed. In this generally federal pardon may be requested after 5 years. If your father has committed any Federal offence then he may seek pardon. Further if your father has been deported and 10 year ban has been imposed then after 10 year he may return to USA with visa and pardon may not be required for re-entry. If your father intends to go before 10 year then he will have to seek waiver from ban imposed on re-entry.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Jeanblackwell's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.)

Hi,
I have a similar problem.
My Mother served a 7 year sentence. After being released from Prison, she was deported and lost her citizenship.
It has been ten years since she was deported. She also mentioned something about a pardon. She is currently still residing in Mexico but has asked me to try to take care of this for her and send the pardon to a Judge... Truthfully, I dont know where to start or who to contact. I am getting married next year and would love for my mom to have some kind of temporary stay here in the US just for the wedding and after that we can proceed and try to file for a permanent stay...

How should I go about this? I recently went to visit her and she gave me her release paperwork from prison and also a birth certificate and copy of her ID...

Your help or input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JEan
Jeanblackwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #4
HHB Law

Default Re: Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.)

I'm not sure if your question has been answered yet or not, but in case it has not:

The pardon she is speaking of likely has to do with clearing up her criminal record rather than a pardon of the 10-year ban applicable to the deportation. If she was given a 10-year ban after deportation, and those 10 years have passed, then she can re-attempt to enter the U.S. However, any criminal convictions on her record can have a negative impact on her attempts to receive U.S. immigration benefits, including a visa.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me. Our website is www.colorado-immigration-law.com
My email is jmd@hhbcolorado.com.

Josh Deere

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Unregistered

Hello Sir, my case is this: I pleaded for asylum 13 years ago, it was denied in the first hearing and we decided to leave the US 10 years ago on jun 2003, but before I left I filed with the immigration judge I had, for voluntary departure. So I did, they cancelled my tourist visa at their offices in Miami because according to them I didnt filed for an extension while I pleaded for asylum. So 4 years after leaving the US I requested again a tourist visa at the embassy and they denied it, but they didnt say why. I can only guess they punished me for breaking the law. But on June 2013 I'll complete my 10 year period since I left the US.
My question is: Do I wait until June or can I apply for the visa again now? Do you have any suggestion on how should I do it, what should I say or what document should i bring.

Thank you very very much for your help.. Please answer my at jcardosso@yahoo.com

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #6
Unregistered

I get deported for theft identity they ban me for 20 Years I wanna come back to the States what are my choices thanks robporrasut@hotmail.com

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I get deported for theft identity they ban me for 20 Years I wanna come back to the States what are my choices thanks robporrasut@hotmail.com
About next to none and slim just left town.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM   #8
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Federal pardon (after completing his 10 year deportation to re-enter the U.S.)

hello sir or madam thanks you for taking the time out to read this
i've been deported for 10 years. i was convicted of a felony in 1996
what are my options?.. deportacion was not permanent
skybrand518@hotmail.com

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 11:58 PM   #9
rob14's Flag is: El Salvador

hi, i just need to know if i can re-enter the US..i got deported for a felony involving moral turpitude..my charge is not an aggravated felony..any comments, advice or suggestions will truly be appreciated. thanks
rob14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:13 AM   #10
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

If you have been kicked out for moral turpitude, they are unlikely to ever let you back in.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 9881 times