Deportation Law/Misdemeaner=Felony

This is a discussion on Deportation Law/Misdemeaner=Felony within the Deportation & Removal Issues forum, part of the Other Immigration Law & Visas category; My brother-in-law applied for citizenship in the U.S in Georgia after living here for 16 years, worked, had a social ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #1
Unregistered

Confused Deportation Law/Misdemeaner=Felony

My brother-in-law applied for citizenship in the U.S in Georgia after living here for 16 years, worked, had a social security card etc...He married my sister in 2005, and they were told that his citizenship could not be approved because he had a assault misdemeanor on his record in Georgia, it was a from a girlfriend in the past in 1993, with no other record just the one charge. He was not deported, but a attorney said that he would now be put in the deportation process because he overstayed his visitor visa and could be sentenced to jail, in the removal process, so my brother-in-law and sister went home to his native country Grenada, and found it to not be like home, so my question is, what would be the right process for him to come home, to the United States, he was not deported, he is married to my sister a U.S Citizen, his children are U.S. Citizen's, He payed taxes for 16 years, had one bad situation with a girlfriend 14 years ago... Can he just come back and work, and just forget the citizenship, or what should he do? He was trying to do the right thing.. Can he just apply for a new Visitor Visa? or Work Visa if he has a sponsor? It is really hard on my sister, she has to travel back and forth, and they are not wealthy, he can not even see his children or help take care of them here, without work? Any suggestions ?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Deportation Law/Misdemeaner=Felony

He can try to get a work visa and return--but make sure you have counsel involved at this point; his past issues will make any re-entry a difficult process.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Unregistered

THERE IS A PILIPINO WHO COMMIT FRAUD IN ENTERING TO AMERICA. HE USES THE NAME OF A DEAD PERSON NAMED ROLLY AGRESOR.THE PETITION PAPER OF THE DEACESED AND HIS SISTER (ALPIDA AGRESOR) ARRIVED THE DAY WHEN ROLLY AGRESOR DIED.
ALPIDA AGRESOR GAVE THE PETITION PAPER TO PORPIRIO AGRESOR AS LONG AS PORPIRIO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE EXPENSES OF ALPIDA AGRESOR.
PORPIRIO THEN USED THE PETITION PAPERS OF DEACESED.THE U.S. CONSULATE APPROVED AND ISSUE THE VISA TO PORPIRIO AGRESOR NOT KNOWINGLY THAT HE IS NOT THE RIGHT PERSON. FAKE ROLLY AGRESOR AND
ALPIDA AGRESOR ARRIVED HERE IN AMERICA AT THE SAME TIME.
FAKE ROLLY AGRESOR NOW RESIDING IN PALM SPRINGS CA.AND HE IS NOW WORKING IN BMW/MERCEDEZ BENZ IN PALM SPRING CA
HE IS NOW A U.S. CITIZEN CAN HE STILL BE DEPORTED?

Old May 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #4
Unregistered

HOMELAND SECURITY WILL INVESTIGATE FIRST BEFORE HE WILL BE DEPORTED.

Old May 6th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
THERE IS A PILIPINO WHO COMMIT FRAUD IN ENTERING TO AMERICA. HE USES THE NAME OF A DEAD PERSON NAMED ROLLY AGRESOR.THE PETITION PAPER OF THE DEACESED AND HIS SISTER (ALPIDA AGRESOR) ARRIVED THE DAY WHEN ROLLY AGRESOR DIED.
ALPIDA AGRESOR GAVE THE PETITION PAPER TO PORPIRIO AGRESOR AS LONG AS PORPIRIO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE EXPENSES OF ALPIDA AGRESOR.
PORPIRIO THEN USED THE PETITION PAPERS OF DEACESED.THE U.S. CONSULATE APPROVED AND ISSUE THE VISA TO PORPIRIO AGRESOR NOT KNOWINGLY THAT HE IS NOT THE RIGHT PERSON. FAKE ROLLY AGRESOR AND
ALPIDA AGRESOR ARRIVED HERE IN AMERICA AT THE SAME TIME.
FAKE ROLLY AGRESOR NOW RESIDING IN PALM SPRINGS CA.AND HE IS NOW WORKING IN BMW/MERCEDEZ BENZ IN PALM SPRING CA
HE IS NOW A U.S. CITIZEN CAN HE STILL BE DEPORTED?

His citizenship could be stripped for forgery and other issues....it is also known/category aggravated felony, it is possible he could be jailed and deported!

Old May 15th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Unregistered

x63this should be reported to U.S. IMMIGRATION and CUSTOMS.
This is real everybody knows about him.

Old May 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #7
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Deportation Law/Misdemeaner=Felony

Update us what happens!

Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 12:53 PM   #8
Unregistered

Confused Re: Deportation Law/Misdemeaner=Felony

this is an additional message regarding the PILIPINO in palm springs. i am not related to the person but just posting a blog will not do anything. whoever has the complain should contact the nearest homeland security office in order for them to act on this crime or violation. maybe the complainer is just jealous or just don't have enough guts to go and make the complain him/herself. or maybe needs a life to go around the bush.

Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM   #9
Unregistered

All this deportation **** is ****ed up and I think it should be stopped. If you want to talk about getting deported why don't you guys go back to Europe. You guys should be deported like all the rest of them. You guys aren't legal here either.

Old May 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #10
NEEKST

Default Re: Deportation Law

I am working on a term paper about immigration law as it applies to illegal immigrant parents of US citizens. I have had a difficult time finding the exact law that states that you must be deported if you are an illegal immigrant and do not fall into a "relief from removal' category. Also, is there other case law besides Acosta. v. Gaffney where the judge granted a stay to parents of US citizens? I have to argue both sides and I have a lot of case law where deportation was decided which leaves my paper one sided. Thanks for your help.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 7356 times