WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law & Visas > Deportation & Removal Issues > Clarification on Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality Act

Clarification on Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality Act

This is a discussion on Clarification on Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality Act within the Deportation & Removal Issues forum, part of the Other Immigration Law & Visas category; Hello, Need clarification on exclusion from Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality Act which specifies ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Mac

Confused Clarification on Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality Act

Hello,
Need clarification on exclusion from Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality Act which specifies that if the alien is not sentenced to imprisonment for a criminal offense for a period more than 6 months he is legible for being made admissible. The clarification required here is what if the sentence was to be served on probation for 12 months, would the exclusion clause apply to that since the alien was not actually imprisoned but was sentenced to 12 months probation. Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks in advance..
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Clarification on Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality Act

incarceration = probation. the key word is sentence, not what he served, what he was the sentence.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #3
arunadesai's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Clarification on Section 212 (a) (2) (a) (I) (i) of Immigration and Nationality A

I'm a H1b visa holder working in USA. Now my husband from India went to an interview to Chennai consulate on 06/16/2011, but his visa has refused under section (212)(A)(4) with the reason of my"short of salary". & it was true. My was salary low (around $22000 for part time job). But after this incident my employer rised my salary ($42000 for full time job). Now my question is after how long my husband has to re-apply again & does my current salary okay?
arunadesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 11648 times