I am blacklisted In Dubai... Can I enter into a GCC country?

This is a discussion on I am blacklisted In Dubai... Can I enter into a GCC country? within the Debt Collection forum, part of the BANKRUPTCY & DEBT COLLECTIONS category; Just wanted to ask, if i am Blacklisted in Dubai can i enter and work in a GCC country such ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1
RoC
RoC's Flag is: United States

Default I am blacklisted In Dubai... Can I enter into a GCC country?

Just wanted to ask, if i am Blacklisted in Dubai can i enter and work in a GCC country such as Qatar? I had a loan and a credit card in Dubai but i have been out of Dubai for 8 months now and my debts are relatively small they dont exceed 35,000 dirhams. I had been paying on my debts while i was in Dubai but for 8 months now i havent paid a single payment to either. So here are my questions..

1) Can i enter into a GCC country(Qatar) if i am blacklisted in Dubai?
2) Will i be arrested if i am blacklisted at the Dubai airport if i decide to go to Dubai?
3) Upon being detained, will they let me out of prison to solve the problem?
4) Will the police in dubai be somewhat lenient to me because i dont owe much?

I mean will they let me on some sort of payment plan or do i have to pay the full 35,000DHS upfront. Please Help. Thank you!
RoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: I am blacklisted In Dubai... Can I enter into a GCC country?

I wish to inform you that if you have left Dubai but had made a personal loan default then Dubai may start legal proceedings against you in Dubai. In this regard Dubai may issue arrest warrant which may be exercised in other GCC country. there is a bankruptcy law in Dubai called 'Hajr' in which the courts sell the property of the debtor and credit the proceeds to the creditors and close the debt. If you reach Dubai then you may be arrested. A person may come on bail out of prison.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: I am blacklisted In Dubai... Can I enter into a GCC country?

With regard to this question, I am in the same situation and having a debt in Dubai would like to travel from the UK to Qatar, but find the answer vauge (In this regard Dubai may issue arrest warrant which may be exercised in other GCC country) please can you clarify, (the warrant may be exercised in other GCC countries,) does this mean it may not, if so what determins may or may not.

Also please could you tell me how can I find out if I am on a list at the airport

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:34 AM   #4
Unregistered

You will be arrested in GCC they have same law of black list for all crimes. Even if have no debt nor any crimes if any country black list you you will not be able to enter and for sure not working, unless you have some special case.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You will be arrested in GCC they have same law of black list for all crimes. Even if have no debt nor any crimes if any country black list you you will not be able to enter and for sure not working, unless you have some special case.
Hello,
Check with the immigration if you are blacklisted. If yes, do not go there yet until you fixed why you are blacklisted.
If no, then dont go there yet until you paid the 35,000dhs or tell your employer to get clearance from the bank for you if your employer wanted to be your guarantor.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #6
Top Level Member

If you intend to repay the bank, you may delegate someone to make the repayment to the bank on your behalf and to get clearance from the bank to lift your name from the blacklist. You can check your status on Dubai police website. If you want to enter GCC again you need to get this taken care off. When blacklisted in Dubai, you will get arrested and jailed for unpaid credit cards in Dubai.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #7
Unregistered

How do you check your status on Dubai police website? I could find no link for checking your legal status or any outstanding cases filed against you.

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:23 AM   #8
Unregistered

You can enter Qatar no single problem my friend and you will not be arrested because I was blacklisted in Dubai and I am no working in Oman which is a GCC country so no fear stick to your job in Qatar and good luck

Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Unregistered

you are correct..the same situation as me.. i am now working here in the middle east after failing to pay my debts in dubai 11 months ago.. i travelled also to bahrain in qatar since jan 1 but im ok..
now that i started working im trying to settle my debts in dubai ..

Old Mar 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #10
girish's Flag is: India

sir i want to pay my dubai loan how can i pay it from india pleaselet me know
srinivas
girish is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 19683 times