Victim of National Service Bureau

This is a discussion on Victim of National Service Bureau within the Debt Collection forum, part of the BANKRUPTCY & DEBT COLLECTIONS category; CA. This company has been calling my office harassing me I owe money and will not provide the company I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Charlena1's Flag is: United States

Default Victim of National Service Bureau

CA. This company has been calling my office harassing me I owe money and will not provide the company I owe the money to. The man will not give me his name but demand I pay by credit card. When he calls he tells the person who answer I am irrosponsible and I don't pay my bills. I tried to get him to send me in wriitng what the debt is for and he replies he doesn't get paid to sit on his ass to lick envelopes. I have complained to so many agencies, but because I am a business owner and I was told its a business debt (which I have no idea what for) my personal credit report has been effected by this agency. This company has my personal information. I had to put a fraud alert because Id on't know what the agency is capable of doing or who else my informaiton. I don't have rights because this is a business debt so several of the agency and attorney can't help. Is there someone that can help me. I know I have to have some rights. Please help this agency has effect my credit. There must be many victims out there. Help!
Charlena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Victim of National Service Bureau

I wish to inform you that you may get the details from the credit report bureau where you credit report has got affected and point out the anomalies for rectification. I further wish to inform you that you cannot be humiliated and harassed for debt under the provisions of Administration of Justice Act 1970 Section 40 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. You may report the matter to law enforcement agencies. Alternatively, you may serve a written notice to National Service Bureau. If they do not resolve the matter, then you may file a lawsuit.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlena1 View Post
CA. This company has been calling my office harassing me I owe money and will not provide the company I owe the money to. The man will not give me his name but demand I pay by credit card. When he calls he tells the person who answer I am irrosponsible and I don't pay my bills. I tried to get him to send me in wriitng what the debt is for and he replies he doesn't get paid to sit on his ass to lick envelopes. I have complained to so many agencies, but because I am a business owner and I was told its a business debt (which I have no idea what for) my personal credit report has been effected by this agency. This company has my personal information. I had to put a fraud alert because Id on't know what the agency is capable of doing or who else my informaiton. I don't have rights because this is a business debt so several of the agency and attorney can't help. Is there someone that can help me. I know I have to have some rights. Please help this agency has effect my credit. There must be many victims out there. Help!
Per the Fair Debt Collection Act, you may tell this collector not to call you again and if they due the may be liable for monetary fines. Also, they are to notify you by letter of the alleged debt and give you 30 days to dispute it.

The agency who admisters the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is the Federal Trade Commission. You may find the entire text of the Act online. Offenses against the Act are actionable, meaning you can sue, and collect damages and attorneys fees. Once you have reviewed the Act and the places where they have violated it, I suggest you contact the Federal Trade Commission and then private counsel to seek redress against them for each and every violation as well as slander of credit.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlena1 View Post
Pull a copy of your credit report from all three reporting bureaus. Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.

If the derogatory items is listed there, then consult with an attorney who specializes in Consumer Protection. Normally these attorneys specialize in bankruptcy as well.

Whoever is calling is grossly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. For that, his company can be sued for up to $1,000 each offense.

Good luck.

You might want to ask your attorney to subpoena the phone records of whichever place the calls come into so that the calls can be traced back to an actual person and/or an actual company.

Old Jul 12th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #5
Unregistered

I received a collection notice from this company for some creditor that I had never heard of. I asked if he could send me a copy of the bill for which I was being collected on and he rudely stated he could not. I told him I was not going to pay for something that I had no idea what it was, to which he told me I was putting my company's name and credit on the line. He was able to give me a cell phone number of the apparent person that had been in contact with them regarding this bill. I told him I would research things on my end and would take care of this within the 30 day window that I had to dispute the charges, to which I was told I had to pay TODAY since I had made contact with him. I told him I was not going to hand over money of the amount owed for something that I did not know what it was for. He told me to shut up and listen to him to which he quoted me some Fair Credit Act information and told me I did not understand what he was saying. I stated I understood but that I was just researching and should still have the 30 day window to dispute this to which he told me again I did not understand and then hung up on me.

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #6
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Write a brief note, disputing the bill, which one has to do within 30 days. Further, state you do not wish to be contacted by phone but only in writing. That is your right under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #7
Unregistered

Friend of the Court said

The agency who admisters the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is the Federal Trade Commission. You may find the entire text of the Act online. Offenses against the Act are actionable, meaning you can sue, and collect damages and attorneys fees. Once you have reviewed the Act and the places where they have violated it, I suggest you contact the Federal Trade Commission and then private counsel to seek redress against them for each and every violation as well as slander of credit.

"seek redress against them for each and every violation"

I believe under the FDCPA you are only allowed statutory damages of up to $1000 per complaint aka for one violation not numerous violations per complaint unlike the FCRA which is per violation

If I am incorrect can you give me some case law that I may research please.

Smileygirlnow

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Jose

I got call from someone named Justin last month who said I was running away from my debt and he told me to keep running. I was pissed off very rude and insulting. He called me the next day and then asked if i am still refusing to pay and he hung up. The nerve! The thing is someone stole my id and the debt is fraud but Justin wouldnt listen. Anyone else deal with this guy? I think his last name is Black.

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #9
klian

i heard from this justin black guy and he was a complete jerk....

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #10
Ashley33

My boyfriend got a call from "Justin Black" as well and asked him what type of debtor handbook does he read?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
business debt, california, credit, victim

This thread has 18 replies and has been viewed 5472 times