WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > BANKRUPTCY & DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection > PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

This is a discussion on PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES within the Debt Collection forum, part of the BANKRUPTCY & DEBT COLLECTIONS category; I have a personal loan as well as credit loan left in Dubai and when I arrived here in the ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

I have a personal loan as well as credit loan left in Dubai and when I arrived here in the Philippines collectors are harrasing to pay through e-mails. I payed through the banks, and now I am asking them for SOA but they cannot give it to me. Is there any way to check if my payments here in the Phils. are debited to my account? Or what if I just ignored all their messages what Dubai law says about delinquent account. Please reply. thanks
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:38 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

Good day...We are the same situation meron din ako balance debt in Dubai...email me..jaysondragon32@yahoo.com...Thanks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #3
Unregistered

Confused Re: PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

Hi. I worked in UAE for 4 years. Everything was okay until i was struck by recession. I left the country in 2009 back to my home country with unpaid credit card and a personal loan since I cant find another job. My visa was expired. Now I have received calls from this person telling that shes affiliated with bilkish associates in UAE. And as I have found out shes from a collection agency. They kept on calling even on my mothers mobile phone. They also went to my house trying to get information. They are asking me to settle the dues and telling me if I cant do that they will file case against me. Im separated now and raising my kids alone. What I earn here is even not enough with the needs. I was asking them to give me statement of account with the dues that they are asking me to settle. But they have told me that they dont have it and I just need to call the telephone banking abroad to check the dues. What will I do?

*Can they file a case against me knowing that the loan was in UAE?
*How will I deal with the collection agency bugging me?

Hoping for your soon reply.

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

They would have to sue you here to be effective. While in the U.S.you have the protection of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act which you can assert; tell them they are not to call you anymore, as is your right, to put anything they have in writing which you can contest within 30 days, and if they want to institute any action against you they will have to do it in the States.

Should they try and succeed in obtaining a judgment in Dubai, they will have to try to register it here at which time you will be able to assert any defenses against it -- that you don't owe it, their process did not grant you due process and request the court not give it any recognition.

Harassment with idle threats is the meat and drink of collection agencies. If they persist, you can take action against them here through laws already in place to protect people from unscrupulous creditors and collection agencies. You can make an international incident out of it if you wish.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Banned User
lunchbox's Flag is: United States

In the Philippines, the law states that no Filipino can be imprisoned because of debt. What I'm not sure though is if it applies to debt incurred abroad. The Philippine's has PAO (Public Attorney's Office). You can consult a lawyer there.
lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Unregistered

can the bank in dubai file a case for the defaulted loan through interpol, as the agent from bilkish associates threats me of it, that they will get me here in qatar and bring to dubai to be imprison

Old Jan 6th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #7
Unregistered

My dear, Interpol will not get you unless it is a crime which is a threat of national security. Even if you have a million loan in dubai they will interfer but still considering you're in a GCC country Dubai banks can demand to bring you back if they found out your their thru centralized banking implemented by GCC countires. Your lucky that during your visa processing that they did not catch you and not so sure if you go on vacation. Give us update on your status.

Old Feb 29th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #8
Unregistered

I left an unpaid account in Dubai. When I went to other country, I continued paying it. But after 6 months of paying I asked the Dubai Bank for the statement of account paid by me, but it seems that there was no amount deducted from by debts so I stopped paying them. Now, my family in the Philippines were being harassed by a collecting agent found somewhere in Magallanes. They threatened us that they will get my properties and I have a haul departure order at the airport immigration, that they will arrest me when I'll go home to the Philippines. Is it possible that they can do that? How can I be sure that it is not fake?

Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM   #9
febby's Flag is: Philippines

all threat by bilkish are all lies...don't deal with them anymore it's a scam, all your payment will no go to them not to the bank, tell your family not to give any information of your whereabouts, change your cel. no. if needed. read the diskarte forum you can get lessons from there.

ignore all calls and emails from BILKISH they are fooling ofw, dont ever try to settle with them or sign any agreement, pls. See diskarte guidelines on credit card paranoia (failuretopaycreditcard.blogspot.com) this can help you a lot, goodluck
febby is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM   #10
calgaryimmigrat's Flag is: Canada

Location: Suite 2600. 144-4th Avenue SW Calgary Alberta Ca / Canada

View Member's Twitter Profile

this is a complicated case..
but I'm wondering why they don't know the exact amount of your debt..
consult a lawyer for this.
calgaryimmigrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 84 replies and has been viewed 48828 times