United Arab Emirates (UAE) credit card debt problem

This is a discussion on United Arab Emirates (UAE) credit card debt problem within the Debt Collection forum, part of the BANKRUPTCY & DEBT COLLECTIONS category; hi never pay credit card settlement amount in your home country collection agent .they may not give NOC even after ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: United Arab Emirates (UAE) credit card debt problem

hi never pay credit card settlement amount in your home country collection agent .they may not give NOC even after getting payment.better pay in UAE and show the letter of NOC to airport thrugh some one dont try to settle here .........and no law in india that they can recover money from you on behalf of your uae credit card issuing bank

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #12
Unregistered

Confused Re: United Arab Emirates (UAE) credit card debt problem

What about if I left UAE 2 years ago with loan and CC debts. my visa was cancel and left without informing the banks. Upon arrival in the next GCC Country (where I am now), i inform the bank that I had been transfer. I pay regulary and start defaulting 8 months ago. I am in one of GCC country and my service will be end this month. What I do not understand is the debtors knows where I am and so far I have not received any summons so far? Does this mean UAE debtors had not file the case? If yes, are they going to arrest me in the airport?

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #13
Unregistered

ive read lots of contradicting bits of advice online regarding leaving the uae with debts.
i'd really like something concrete as i'm in a bit of a mess.
my husband and i have seperated, we lived in dubai for 4 years but we are still living together as its too expensive to live seperate plus we have a young son. i really want to go back to my home country in south africa to have family support but i have debt here (car loan, personal loan, credit card). the car i can sell to pay it off, the repayments will end mid of next year anyway and the other two totals roughly 133000dhs.
i cannot stay here anymore and wish to just leave everything behind and go start my life over and find happiness. I feel like a prisoner here for many reasons.
if there was a way i could pay back the debt i would but i see no other way and want to know if i can get into serious trouble after i've left as i'm not intending to travel near gcc ever again.

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM   #14
Unregistered

I am South African also, lived in Dubai for three years. I left that greedy place for good. I left with a relatively small unpaid credit card debt (less than 15000dhs), I simply don't want to pay it back to get back at them for all the hassles I had there and money I lost through dishonest people - from real estate agents, telecoms companies, satellite TV companies to the company I worked for - underpaid and overworked. I can tell you in all honesty nothing will happen - South Africa is a free country with real laws, the UAE laws don't count here. I have been back for two years already, no hassles whatsoever. Come home.

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM   #15
Unregistered

In all these discussions nobody ever mentions that there is nothing wrong with disobeying unjust laws. The black people under apartheid in South Africa did that, the French resistance in Nazi-ruled France did that. The Egyptians under Mubarak did that. All in the fight for just societies. The debt laws in the UAE are from the Middle Ages - so many people want to work out ways of paying but there are no options, pay now or face a travel ban and jail. So everyone leaves. In protest in a way. If they were to simply allow you to sign a debit order from the next country you move to, there would be no problem. But the only way they see is to threaten with jail - and impose predatory interest rates. There is nothing wrong in opposing these unjust laws, eventually they will have to change and life will be better for those who come after us.

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #16
RoC
RoC's Flag is: United States

HI,
I was in Dubai for almost 3 years and i got laid off by my employer. I had 2 credit cards and a personal loan. After i was laid off i did not pay any of my debts for 6 months, than after 6 months i started paying them every month, but even though i was paying i still had overdue payments. The banks never filed a case. I owe 2 credit cards about 23,000 and the loan about 20,000AED. In June of 2011 i left Dubai and came to Lebanon and i have been in Lebanon for 8 months now and have not made a payment to any of my debts. My questions are:

1) Do i have a police case on me now for not paying for 8 months?
2) If i do get detained at the airport in Dubai and go to jail, wont i be able to leave my passport at the police station and be allowed to freely roam dubai?
3) I am a dual citizenship holder so can i enter Dubai with the passport that i did not use to sign up for the loan and credit cards when i lived there 4 years ago?

Please answer thank you!!!!
RoC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #17
arablaws's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Twitter Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
My questions are:

1) Do i have a police case on me now for not paying for 8 months?
2) If i do get detained at the airport in Dubai and go to jail, wont i be able to leave my passport at the police station and be allowed to freely roam dubai?
3) I am a dual citizenship holder so can i enter Dubai with the passport that i did not use to sign up for the loan and credit cards when i lived there 4 years ago?

Dear RoC,

As per our understanding the answers of your questions are below:

1- Regarding a police case, Bank may or may not file a case against you since you have been outside for 8 months so there are very small chances that bank filed a case against you, however it could be done so its better to send your friend who is living in dubai with your passport copy to any nearest immigration counter they will let you know if the case has been filed or not from the bank against you.

2- Dentain on the airport: They will arrest you immediately if case is there against you from the bank but no need to worry you will have a chance of settlement with the bank and if you provide gurantee passport of your friend or relatives living in dubai they will release you but keep your original passport and police may ask you to go and settle your debits with bank and once you done it and bank will provide you clearance certificate then police will give you your original passport.

3- Entry through different passport: We would not advise you to do this however this is legal since you have dual nationality but they will identify you during the eye scanning process and other ways like you father name, your full name, date of birth, by photo and other means, so no chance of skipping.

For more information about the UAE Laws you may visit Translated Laws in english and arabic of Arab and Middle East Countries (www.arablawsworld.com)
arablaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Unregistered

Credit Card Problem!

Contact me 0506864759

Good opportunity to solve your problem,
If you are seriously looking only contact me, otherwise don't waste our time.

God bless you

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #19
Unregistered

hi
Bro i am trying to contact u but the cell number u provided is switched off. can u confirm ur contact number again?? Send it to me on my email babersul@yahoo.com

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #20
Unregistered

Default Re: Credit Card debt

Hi, I had left UAE 12 years back and had some personal unsecured loan and must be one CC. I had lost my job and had to leave UAE. Do Banks over there keep records for over 7years?

Will they stop me from exiting once I enter the Country?
I am asking becoz I am going to apply for Residential visa but not sure if they will allow or will use it as a bate. I have to UAE on visit visa (UK national) so just enter and exit but no one asked any question - So any help on this will be nice to know.

Regards,
J

Bookmark & Share

Tags
uae credit card debt

This thread has 115 replies and has been viewed 102377 times