The police are harassing me - What are my options?

This is a discussion on The police are harassing me - What are my options? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; My brother is being served an order of protection courtesy of my dad. My dad listed my address. The police ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Unregistered

Question The police are harassing me - What are my options?

My brother is being served an order of protection courtesy of my dad. My dad listed my address. The police came to my house 3 times at 7:30pm, 8:30pm and 11:30pm. I refused to open the door since I was alone, I called the office and told them my brother is not at my house after they came to my house the first time. They pounded on my door for 30 minutes and broke my screen door in addition to shinning a bright flashlight through my windows. They came again an hour later and I told that guy he was not at my house and I refused to open the door. He threatened to come to my house every 45 minutes. They came again at 11:30pm and pounded on my door. I called the office again telling them why they are harassing me. I have nothing to do with this and that my brother is not living with me. They came again pounding on my door at 3:30 am in the morning. I feel like a prisoner in my own home and I am feel harassed and embarrassed. What are my rights? Don\'t I have the right not to open the door? Don\'t I have the right to feel safe? How can I get reimbursement for the screen door they broke? I am not a criminal but I am being treated like one. What are my rights? Can I make a complaint? What are my options? I don't know how long this is going to go on. The state is Illinois if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: The police are harassing me - What are my options?

You may want to first file a complaint with the chief of the dept (or have us do so if you wish) . The heads of the dept's are required to investigate these kinds of problems and normally will do so--file directly with him or her and do so in writing...if that does not work, let us know.

World Law's lawyers could also probably intervene and help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Unregistered

Confused re: The police are harassing me - What are my options?

I just want to explain in detail of situations that will take some writing. I would just want to know if I can do anything in the first place. I just need you to hear my story. Should I write an email or can I talk to speak to someone. I know your time is very valuable and I do'nt want to waste your precious time, but if someone can have the time I would appreciate your input very much. But I do feel harassed to me and I feel they stereotype my son. And that is another story also. Thank You for your input if can.

Sincerely Rebecca

email: becca1961@frontier.com

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1192 times