Getting rights back after a felony conviction

This is a discussion on Getting rights back after a felony conviction within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; No you can't get your gun rights back you are now an underclass of people. Like an untouchable in India. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #21
Unregistered

Angry Re: Getting rights back after a felony conviction

No you can't get your gun rights back you are now an underclass of people. Like an untouchable in India.
I am going through a world of pain with a baby on the way and child suport payments to make. My felony conviction has my family suffering. I have been hired but let go when a background check came back. AND YES I INFORMED THEM BEFORE HAND!!! I did buy a fourplex rental on a $10 an hour job . But that doesnt pay the bills. I did all I can humanly possible and had sick of the hate!
I PAY TAXES FOR JOBS IN WHICH I AM INELIGIBLE FOR.
Lets fight for our rights!!!
If I am still a risk to my fellow country men then keep me in prison. I dont want a risky person near my family keep them in prison. But if one is out of prison let him work and live!!! Im a good person and help those around me. I got out of prison with 6 other people. 3 are dead. 2 in prison. 1 homeles. And my retirement is looking like a prison cell if im not going to take what little my kids might have.
IM READY TO DIE TO BE TREATED LIKE A PERSON
Email me if you feel the same. santafeflagstone@yahoo.com
Your ability to feed your family is hindered because of the smug elites. Like i said keep me in jail or lets me live. My crime has no victim other than my kids. What will you do to feed your childern and give them the best you can?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 05:48 AM   #22
kingsolomon's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Getting rights back after a felony conviction

The questions don’t specify the state of conviction and/or state of residence. Laws vary by State, so if your state does not have a restoration law or if it is next to non-existent, you may want to consider relocating.
I can provide indepth information to anyone in Ohio or Michigan or Pennsylvania.

Last edited by kingsolomon; Feb 15th, 2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: display problem
kingsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #23
Unregistered

I am in PA.It has been 14 years since I was in trouble.I am now a 38 year old home owner in Pa.I would like to be able to vote and hunt with my kids.I had to get my whole family into archery,so I could show them how wonderful the outdoors is.If you do have the inside track on getting my rights restored in PA.Please email me at jefox08@yahoo.com From what I have read it takes 3 years at a minumum to get an answer.Thank you.

Old Mar 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #24
Unregistered

Confused Re: Getting rights back after a felony conviction

To kingsolomon
Convicted and served time in Michigan, paroled and transfered to Florida and finished parole there. As far as getting rights restored does it fall under MI or FL?
I can find how in both states but not which state to apply to.
Any help would be wonderful thank you in advance.

Old May 29th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #25
Unregistered

You have to file a petition with your state(if your state has restoration process), has to be minimum of 7 years from release or compleation of sentance/parole or what ever the case. As I understand federal felons may not ever own a gun again but this may have changed, if federal file for a pardon, anyone can file for a pardon givin good reason, states uphold pardons no matter where, but it is a process no matter which way you go.

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #26
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-TAO View Post
I can tell you for a fact that State law in Texas prohibits convicted felons from possessing or carrying firearms or ammunition. If you are caught with either one in your possession you can get in serious trouble.
He didnt say he was going to. He just asked if he could get his rights restored. Im sure he knows what he can and cant do. You didnt have to scold him and act like Johnny Law.

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #27
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolomon View Post
The questions donít specify the state of conviction and/or state of residence. Laws vary by State, so if your state does not have a restoration law or if it is next to non-existent, you may want to consider relocating.
I can provide indepth information to anyone in Ohio or Michigan or Pennsylvania.
can you send me info for Penn.? davidgarrison68@gmail.com thank you.

Old Jun 29th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #28
Unregistered

I was convicted of two felonies in Ga over 10 years ago.

One for Criminal Damage to property and one for Forgery in the first degree. Does anyone have a link or a phone number where I can apply to get my rights back? Any help would be appreciated. spencedawg82@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ian

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #29
Unregistered

I live in Ohio to have 2 felonies are both over 10 years old and I'm looking to restore my gun rights any information you have would be great please reply

Last edited by sandyclaus; Dec 25th, 2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Private information removed.

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #30
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I live in Ohio to have 2 felonies are both over 10 years old and I'm looking to restore my gun rights any information you have would be great please reply
What is the nature of these felonies? What sentences were you given?
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 41 replies and has been viewed 45209 times