Getting rights back after a felony conviction

This is a discussion on Getting rights back after a felony conviction within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; who do I contact to restore my rights? Do they restore rights for federal offenders? My offense was when I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Getting rights back after a felony conviction

who do I contact to restore my rights? Do they restore rights for federal offenders? My offense was when I was 18 and I'm 22 now, I was the previous post, with a degree from TTU. I tried emailing someone with no response.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Vallica

Lightbulb Re: Getting rights back after a felony conviction

To those in florida convicted of a felon-
i am registerd to the NRA and to the best of my knoledge all that i know for a fact is that a felon *not related to gun or a violent act) can only own a blackpowder rifle made before 1890.
- i am not sure of the deatails following this so you may want to look into it for yourself by checking the NRA websites and other such organisations.

Old Oct 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Unregistered

I'm a Felon In the State Of Tennessee, I've been off for about a year in a half, How do I get my Rights back

Old Oct 30th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #14

I have a federal felony no contest on my record that I did not serve anything but 6 months of house arrest and 5 years of probation that I completed approx 7 years ago, I live in the state of Missouri and wonder how to get my voting rights back. The charge was for misappr. of funds while employed at a credit union. Not interested in firearm rights at all, just the voting rights. I feel that after time of conviction and a set time after probation, that the voting rights should be reinstated automatically, I pay taxes but cannot vote on who the president is. Must be a way to get these rights back, my conviction was not viloent, but white collar crime.

Last edited by stevenjackson; Oct 30th, 2008 at 09:05 PM.
stevenjackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Oct 31st, 2008, 12:09 PM   #15
Unregistered

Check with the prosecutors office. I got mine back after many years but the laws vary widely.

Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM   #16
Unregistered

EEK! Re: Getting rights back after a felony conviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilflo View Post
voting and gun license rights
can i get the charge x-spunged?

Old Dec 16th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #17
Unregistered

Confused Re: Getting rights back after a felony conviction

In the state of georgia how do I get my rights restored including carrying a firearm, after a felony conviction for narcotics

Old Feb 28th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #18
TOMMY1969

I HAVE 2 FELONYS FROM1990. IDID MY TIME AND MY RESTORATION.HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING MY RIGHTS BACK. MY CHARGES WERE NON-VOLIENT.MY KIDS ARE AT THE AGE NOW WHERE THEY WANT TO GO HUNTING AND STUFFAND DAD CANT GO.PLEASEHELP OR PUT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THANK YOU

Old Aug 13th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #19
Unregistered

I had a felony conviction of Aggravated Staking in Georgia got nine years probation just completed it and I use to be an avid hunter with my son who is a Department of Resources law enforcement ranger here in Georgia. He currently has all my hunting rifles and shotguns. He has agreed to keep all of them and only furnish me one during a hunt in which he will also be along with me. Can this be a good term for getting my rights back just to hunt. currently I just archery hunt only. What should I do to get this restored

Old Dec 8th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #20
paul d.

i have two felonies and ive done my time for both. why am i still being punished? i vote thats great!. but i want all of my living rights as an american. people make mistakes but people can also change! i want to be a first class citizen again. its really hard to get a job being an ex-con. thats one reason the proson are so crowded. there are men and women that get out of prison that learned from their mistakes but when they get out they cant find work because of the Check Box and thats why they end up back on the streets because they cant find work!!

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 42 replies and has been viewed 46244 times