Used someone's credit card -- I used it to get gas at a gas station

This is a discussion on Used someone's credit card -- I used it to get gas at a gas station within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; How much trouble am I in for using someone's credit card for 20 dollars? I'm 17 years old. I used ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Altoreto's Flag is: United States

Default Used someone's credit card -- I used it to get gas at a gas station

How much trouble am I in for using someone's credit card for 20 dollars? I'm 17 years old. I used it to get gas at a gas station. Police was involved but they let me go and told me to bring the card to them.
Altoreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Used someone's credit card -- I used it to get gas at a gas station

I wish to inform you that using a card for $20 will make you liable for the offense of stealing. As the amount is $20 therefore the offence may amount to petty theft. If police has registered a case then a case against you then criminal action will follow you in court. If however police takes back the credit card and does not charge you with any offence then you will not be held liable for anything.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #3
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Default re: Used someone's credit card -- I used it to get gas at a gas station

It's called theft, and in most jurisdictions you can be sent to jail and have to pay a fine for this offense.

What penalties you might face depend on your jurisdiction (where this occurred), whether this is your first or subsequent offense, and whether or not your attorney is able to secure a plea bargain.

This kind of offense can appear on your permanent record, and is considered an offense that involves moral turpitude, which can affect your ability to obtain employment, any kind of professional licensing, and can affect immigration status for those considering immigration to another country.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 927 times