WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters > In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man?

In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man?

This is a discussion on In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Unregistered

EEK! In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man?

In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man if the girls father doesnt approve.
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Top Level Member
OHlandlord's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Sexual

I don't know the TX law in particular, but in most sections of the country a person under the age of 18 cannot legally consent. The parents of the girl can press charges. As a former employee of a state prison I saw this many times.
OHlandlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 01:05 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man?

Go to Barnes and Nobles, Borders Books, etc. and buy a U.S. Almanac.

Turn to the section on Marriage and State Requirements.

Different states have different ages for getting married. Yes, the last reader is correct, it's 18 for alot of states but not all. I remember Mississippi being the earliest age without parents consent. I don't know what Texas is.

Get a 2008 or 2009 Almanac.

Old Dec 24th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

Default re: In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man?

There are two seperate issues here.

Issue one: Can a 17 year old consent to sex with an adult? Yes he or she can

Issue two: This is very important. If either or both parents of the 17 year old forbid the realtionship then its over! Parents have 100% control over whom their minor child associates with. In other words Mom and or Dad can seek a protective order forbidding contact with their minor child. If the adult violates this order he/she can go to jail.

Moral of the story: Do what Mom and Dad say!

Last edited by sunlover; Dec 24th, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #5
Unregistered

I agree and have seen a lot of kids get in trouble over this issue.

Clerk of the court.

Old May 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default Re: In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man

Too bad you goofy people obviously don't know the Texas laws which state that you're an adult at 17. Being 17, and from Texas I know this as a fact.

Old May 10th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #7
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

Default Re: In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Too bad you goofy people obviously don't know the Texas laws which state that you're an adult at 17. Being 17, and from Texas I know this as a fact.
Then by all means educate us by posting this alledge law that places age of majority at 17 in TX
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #8
Unregistered

age of consent is 17

age of majority is 18

but some odd rules allow 17 year olds to move out in some cases if they are able to support themselves

the person is NOT an adult at 17 in Texas

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:53 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man if the girls father doesnt approve.
YES IT IS VERY ILLEGAL..HUN YOU NEED TO WAI TUNTIL SHES 18 AND IF YOU DONT MAN ARE YOU GONNA GET IT FROM NOT ONLY DAD BUT IF CAUGHT OR SHE TURNS UP PREGO.. YOU WILL BE LISTED FOREVER AS A SEX OFFENDER...I PROMISE..JUST WAIT IF SHES WORTH IT YOU WILL WAIT!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
REALLY IM A LAWYER IN TEXAS... SO YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOUR 17 AND CONSIDER YOURSELF AN ADULT WHO CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT...HMMM I SEEM TO REMEMBER THAT YOUR PARENTS ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS UNTIL 18 YEARS OLD UNLESS YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN SUPPORTING YOURSELF AND FILING YOUR OWN TAXES AT THE AGE OF 16 .. PERHAPS MSS. GROWN UP YOU SHOULD LOOK UP THE LAW AS WELL AS THE FOOT NOTES AND EXCEPTIONS IT CARRIES...JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING AND ONLY GET 1/2 THE INFO DOESNT MAKE YOU SMART UNTIL YOU DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Bookmark & Share

Tags
${99774+99652}

This thread has 92 replies and has been viewed 87554 times