WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters > In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man?

In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man?

This is a discussion on In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; Originally Posted by Unregistered REALLY IM A LAWYER IN TEXAS... SO YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOUR 17 AND CONSIDER YOURSELF ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
REALLY IM A LAWYER IN TEXAS... SO YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOUR 17 AND CONSIDER YOURSELF AN ADULT WHO CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT...HMMM I SEEM TO REMEMBER THAT YOUR PARENTS ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS UNTIL 18 YEARS OLD UNLESS YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN SUPPORTING YOURSELF AND FILING YOUR OWN TAXES AT THE AGE OF 16 .. PERHAPS MSS. GROWN UP YOU SHOULD LOOK UP THE LAW AS WELL AS THE FOOT NOTES AND EXCEPTIONS IT CARRIES...JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING AND ONLY GET 1/2 THE INFO DOESNT MAKE YOU SMART UNTIL YOU DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH
AND ALL ADULTS KNOW THAT...STILL THINK YOUR ONE?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM   #12
Unregistered

Default Re: In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man

REALLY? I'M A 17 YEAR OLD IN TEXAS AND SINCE THERE SEEMS TO BE A TREND IN WRITING WITH ALL CAPS IN THIS FORUM I'D LIKE TO SPEAK MY MIND IN THIS TONE IF YOU PLEASE. BECAUSE TEXAS HAS NOTORIOUSLY GOOD LAW ENFORCEMENT AND THE BAR EXAM AS YOU KNOW IS EASY TO PASS HERE, CONGRATS MISS LAWYER LADY. I ALSO THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU DEMANDED WHATEVER SCRAPS OF RESPECT YOU COULD GET FROM THIS OBVIOUSLY PRO-ESQUE FORUM WHERE YOU'RE PROBABLY ONE OF FEW ADULTS ACTUALLY REVIEWING THIS CONTENT; AND FOR THAT I RESPECT YOU. SO BEFORE YOU GO AMENDING THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION FOR THE 457TH TIME GRANTING ADULTS MORE RIGHTS THAT 17 YEAR OLDS CAN ONLY DREAM OF HAVING REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOUR CHILD TURNS 17 AND HAS A JOB, YOU CAN NO LONGER USE THEM AS A LEGITIMATE TAX RETURN ALMOST REINFORCING THE FACT THAT 17 YEAR OLDS ARE TOO YOUNG TO MAKE IT ON THEIR OWN, RIGHT? IS THAT WHAT I SHOULD CONCLUDE FROM YOUR OBVIOUS EXPERTISE ON THE MATTER? YOU HAVE KIDS I BET... haha.

Old Jul 7th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #13
Unregistered

Owned.

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #14
Unregistered

BEEEOTCH

Old Sep 17th, 2009, 02:21 AM   #15
Unregistered

Haha, no you're not a lawyer, b/c you'd know about this. here's the law as of September 1, 2009.

"C.S.H.B. 3680 amends the Penal Code to create the offense of contributing to the delinquency of a child for a person who is 17 years of age or older and who intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes or encourages a child to engage in specific conduct that, under the circumstances surrounding the actor's conduct, would cause the child to be present during the commission of another offense under the Penal Code or to enter or remain in a place where prostitution is practiced or where a controlled substance, a controlled substance analogue, drug paraphernalia, or marihuana is used, possessed, manufactured, or distributed. The bill makes it a third degree felony if the actor commits the offense intentionally or knowingly and makes it a Class A misdemeanor if the actor commits the offense recklessly.

C.S.H.B. 3680 establishes that, if conduct constituting such an offense also constitutes another offense under the Penal Code, the actor may be prosecuted under either offense or both. The bill defines "child" as any person younger than 17 years of age."

So there you go the law is 17 years and up can have sex with eachother, yet 17 yo. and 16 yo. cannot, however this is all at the prosecutor's discretion.

So to answer your question, no it is not illegal.
However if it was illiegal it can still be defended if the consented are within 3 years of age.

Old Oct 8th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #16
Unregistered

Big Grin Re: In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man

haha...adults trying to demand respect from others because they can't get any from their kids---pwned!

Old Feb 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #17
Unregistered

Quote:
In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man if the girls father doesnt approve.
the girls father can make a lot of probelms for his daughter's adult bf. trust me. unless he wants to be known as a lifetime sex offender, he'll keep his pants zipped and his hands to himself

Old Apr 21st, 2010, 01:00 PM   #18
Unregistered

technically in the texas state law says you can consent to have sex at the age of 17 unlike most states where you have to be 18

Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 04:47 AM   #19
Unregistered

Default Re: In Texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man

Dear lawyer
What if the boy is 18 and his gf is 17 would he go to jail for having sex with her?

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:44 PM   #20
Unregistered

Big Grin Re: In texas, is it illegal for a 17 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man

Quote:
age of consent is 17

age of majority is 18

but some odd rules allow 17 year olds to move out in some cases if they are able to support themselves

the person is NOT an adult at 17 in Texas
No a person at 17 is NOT an adult by any means.But being 17 myself, I no know that in the state of TX you are able to move out at 17 and there is nothing your parents can do about it. You can also "runaway"(if ur stupid enough to do it) and there is nothing the cops nor your parents can do about it. So why would you not be able to be with an older man or a "cougar" as they call it, when your at 17 of age. You can also be charged as an adult at 17......right?????? Im just woundering

Bookmark & Share

Tags
${99774+99652}

This thread has 92 replies and has been viewed 87509 times