Probation violation in Pennsylvania... How much jail time?

This is a discussion on Probation violation in Pennsylvania... How much jail time? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; STATE: PA you may have read about my question to the "no contact order" issued 2 years ago due too ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #1
sumswt26's Flag is: United States

Unhappy Probation violation in Pennsylvania... How much jail time?

STATE: PA

you may have read about my question to the "no contact order" issued 2 years ago due too me and ex fiance getting in trouble together over fake prescriptions...to make this short, we have 2 boys, we split on mothers day and we have been in contact because of boys but lately i just had my number changed and filed harassment charges on his gf (my ex friend) and he is going to be next, I'm on probation and he is as well..but its not on his court order for no contact, just mine, so they decided to tell my probation officer i have been harassing them and contacting him to get me in trouble, she had to file a violation on me, and i could be facing jail time, first violation, i presented her 14 pages printed off my phone of his and his gf harassment to me and i admitted i fed into it and she said i could be found guilty and thrown in jail just because i fed into it..the whole story is beyond my control, how do you not keep in contact with kids, and that's all my intentions were about when it came to contacting him, until this all started and i had to change my number, i'm truly scared, if convicted, what will i face?
sumswt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Probation violation in Pennsylvania... How much jail time?

I wish to inform you that if you have violated probation rules then you can be sent to jail for the time left in your sentence. The probation officer will look into your reason of phone call and may then take action keeping all facts in consideration. In this, you may argue that you were not contacting your ex boy friend but were contacting kids and phone records are of contacting kids.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Probation violation in Pennsylvania... How much jail time?

Dude what the ****in hell, when your on probation there is usually NO TIME LEFT ON YOUR SENTENCE, why do i keep hearing this, there is no way that on a first PV they could put you in for the remainder of the probation as you cant spend that much time in county jail, (1yr max). they would have to send you to prison. On that note, it wouldnt be possible for them to do that either due to the fact that it overshoots the maximum sentence for a 2nd DUI. Also there are some cases in which people are put on felony probation and yet have no felonies. So ATT SHUT THE **** UP

Old Mar 24th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #4
Unregistered

ok i have a question my fiance is in county jail now, he has 4 years of probation for a DUI. he already has 6 months street time served. this is his first pv violation for driving without a liscense. what would he be looking at? Then he got in a car accident, he didnt report it to the poilce and got it for a hit and run in a different county. What could he be looking at for that? He did hit a sign but that is just a fine from what the cop had told me. so im just wondering what my fiance is going to be looking at.

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I really dont think you will got ot jail on your first Violation of probation. And esepcially because you have evidence of them harrassing you. You have to when you go to court ask the judge how you have contact because of your children. I am guessing you dont have your kids correct? And if not how come.
waiting for justice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

@unregistered. If your fiance has a pV and he is already in county and got into more trouble he could be looking at doing the original time he got charged with but got probation instead.and he can also get more time for the crime he committed. what ever they give him when he goes to court.
waiting for justice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Unregistered

Yes my fiance is on probation the cops said they didnt want him. his probation officer wanted him right now he is just in jail for his pv hit. which is driving without a lisence on a dui suspention. now he does have 3 reckless endarging charges, careless driving, driving without lisence. and hitting a car and not reporting it. now his po told his 90 days for his pv hit. but what would he be looking at for his hit and run charges. since the police said they didnt want him, and his po said he wanted him and that is why he is in jail right now

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Unregistered

Ik this is alot late but you can go to jail for first violation in pa for up to 4 months i just got out after 4 months for first violation

Old Nov 10th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Unregistered

EEK! Re: Probation violation in Pennsylvania... How much jail time?

Think again! At violation hearing the Court (Judge) has the same sentencing alternatives available that were available at the original sentencing. So, yes the Court can sentence you to the balance of the max left on your sentence.

Oh! And, beware! Probation and Parole are not the same thing!

Probation is a slap on the hand with hidden consequences. If you violate probation the Court can revoke your probation and sentence you to what that crime you were convicted of carries. F1 up to 20 years, F2 up to 10 years and F3 up to 7 years. So, if you enter into a plea agreement for probation you better be good because the Court can and will get you.

Parole is a sentence. Example 11 and 1/2 months to 23 months incarceration. You usually serve the minimum balance of 11 and 1/2 months and are released on parole. If you violate the terms of that parole the Court only has the authority to sentence to the remainder of the 11 and 1/2 month to 23 month sentence which would be 11 and 1/2 more months.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 9089 times