WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters > Can I keep my hand gun in our house without violating her parole? -- Tennessee

Can I keep my hand gun in our house without violating her parole? -- Tennessee

This is a discussion on Can I keep my hand gun in our house without violating her parole? -- Tennessee within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; my wife is on parole and there for can not own a hand gun. my question is this. i have ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #1
bmccrory's Flag is: United States

Default Can I keep my hand gun in our house without violating her parole? -- Tennessee

my wife is on parole and there for can not own a hand gun. my question is this. i have a "ccw" and im trying to join our local county sheriff posse. can I carry a hand gun on my person (in her presence) and can I keep my hand gun in our house with out violating her parole?
bmccrory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can I keep my hand gun in our house without violating her parole? -- Tennessee

I wish to inform you that exact nature of probation terms will determine your wife's liability. In this regard you may first inform probation officer and taken permission in writing that you can have hand gun. As your handgun will be present in your house thus it is necessary that probation officer know that handgun belongs to you and not your wife. Generally the restriction is upon accused and not family members but in this if handgun is at home then your wife may have to explain.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Can I keep my hand gun in our house without violating her parole? -- Tennessee

If she is prohibited having a gun in the house, that this would violate her parole, the answer is most likely "no." She needs to see her parole officer and see if an exception can be made, probably by judge's order. Otherwise, she is at risk of violating parole -- whether the gun is yours or not.
Friend In Court is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #4
Top Level Member

First you have to meet the parole officer and let him know that you are having a hand gun in your possession and you want to keep it in your house. So that the officer will keep it in record and if he permits you to use, then you can keep the same with you. So that there will be record to show that the gun is belong to you and not with her. Otherwise she will be at risk for violating the terms of the parole.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1388 times