texas class c misdemeanor (for dog running free)

This is a discussion on texas class c misdemeanor (for dog running free) within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; I received a class c mist. For my dog running free. She got out of a fenced yard. I go ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #1
helpme2011's Flag is: United States

Default texas class c misdemeanor (for dog running free)

I received a class c mist. For my dog running free. She got out of a fenced yard. I go to court in 3 weeks. What can I expect as a fine? Will this go on my record? Will it show up on a back ground check? Do I have to list it on a job application? Thanks
helpme2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default re: texas class c misdemeanor (for dog running free)

Taking your word for it that it is a Class "C" misdemeanor to allow one's dog to run free in Texas (I still find it hard to believe they criminalized a dog getting loose), yes, it would show on a criminal background check.

My advice is to seek legal counsel immediately. If you cannot afford a lawyer, ask to have one appointed or apply to the Public Defender. I see some problems with such a statute for in order to be convicted of a crime, one must have intent, for starters. A lawyer might raise some Constitutional objections to the statute for you and beat this ticket. A city criminalized parking in a handicap zone and the judge threw it out for it is an infraction in the rest of the state.

Any time one is facing a criminal charge, getting a lawyer is the first step one needs to take so that is my advice, "lawyer up."
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 975 times