Detective called me again today for the interview

This is a discussion on Detective called me again today for the interview within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; A year ago I was under investigation in a theft II crime in Multnomah County Oregon. I actually believe it ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #1
cobras's Flag is: United States

Default Detective called me again today for the interview

A year ago I was under investigation in a theft II crime in Multnomah County Oregon. I actually believe it was even a year ago to this date that the detective called me for the interview.

Everything seemed to go fine at the interview and I was not placed under arrest, and she also told me that I would find out if it would go any further within the end of the week or at the most a few weeks after.

I never heard anything back, and figured it was over and that the case did not go any further.

Today though, I received two missed calls, but the person did not leave a voice-mail. All they left was a numeric page with their number in it. I looked up the number and it turns out that it was the detective that had interviewed me a year ago. Does this mean anything bad? Or do they give you a call a year after? Idk whats going on. Also it was a year between when they believed the crime happened and when the interview took place.
cobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Detective called me again today for the interview

I wish to inform you that detective may call you for various purposes. In this regard the detectives investigation may still not be complete and he may require your assistance for further investigations. You may ask from the detective the reason for his calling and whether crime investigation are complete or not. Calling does not mean anything bad. You may only be a witness as otherwise law enforcement agency would have informed you.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobras View Post
A year ago I was under investigation in a theft II crime in Multnomah County Oregon. I actually believe it was even a year ago to this date that the detective called me for the interview.

Everything seemed to go fine at the interview and I was not placed under arrest, and she also told me that I would find out if it would go any further within the end of the week or at the most a few weeks after.

I never heard anything back, and figured it was over and that the case did not go any further.

Today though, I received two missed calls, but the person did not leave a voice-mail. All they left was a numeric page with their number in it. I looked up the number and it turns out that it was the detective that had interviewed me a year ago. Does this mean anything bad? Or do they give you a call a year after? Idk whats going on. Also it was a year between when they believed the crime happened and when the interview took place.
Get a lawyer is my advice. Since you were under investigation, the fact you are called to be interviewed again means you are still suspect and they must have some information that makes it appear even more likely that you committed the crime.

You cannot be compelled to answer any questions from the police without legal counsel at your side. So I suggest you contact a criminal defense lawyer and if you cannot afford private counsel, request a public defender. They police are still looking at you as the culprit.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM   #4
shauncroun's Flag is: Germany

I never heard this type of thing that interviewer called after one year. But if you want to be a private detective, then you should call them and ask them for job. So you can make your dream true.
shauncroun is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
detective, theft

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2249 times