POSSESSION of ammo by a convicted felon -- Florida

This is a discussion on POSSESSION of ammo by a convicted felon -- Florida within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; My boyfriend has been charged with possession of ammo by a convicted Florida felon the bullets where our room but ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #1
t720's Flag is: United States

Default POSSESSION of ammo by a convicted felon -- Florida

My boyfriend has been charged with possession of ammo by a convicted Florida felon the bullets where our room but they were not his bullets they were my bullets. Now if they are my bullets and he did not know that they were in our room is there something i can do to take the blame i haven't took the blame yet because im in college and i don't want my record getting dirty or anything like that. But i also dont want him to do time for something that is not his. My question is will i it go on my record if i take the blame for it. Will if do anything for him if i write or letter or show up at court stating that those were my bullets?
t720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: POSSESSION of ammo by a convicted felon -- Florida

I wish to inform you that if you make the statement in court that bullets belong to you then your boyfriend can be released because then he has not committed crime. In this regard you may show that bullets belong to you and you boyfriend was no in the knowledge that there are bullets in room. Further you may show evidence that your statement that bullets belong to you is a true statement and not just to save your boyfriend. However in this you may be held liable for possession of bullets.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: POSSESSION of ammo by a convicted felon -- Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by t720 View Post
My boyfriend has been charged with possession of ammo by a convicted Florida felon the bullets where our room but they were not his bullets they were my bullets. Now if they are my bullets and he did not know that they were in our room is there something i can do to take the blame i haven't took the blame yet because im in college and i don't want my record getting dirty or anything like that. But i also dont want him to do time for something that is not his. My question is will i it go on my record if i take the blame for it. Will if do anything for him if i write or letter or show up at court stating that those were my bullets?
*If you are not a convicted felon there is no law against your possessing bullets. Yes, I would go to court and testify that they were yours, present any sales slips or proof that you were the one that bought the, he did not know they were there. A letter won't do it for it is not evidence that can be produced in court. It needs to be sworn testimony. A sworn affidavit is evidence, but actually testifying, able to give direct testimony under oath and answer any questions the judge or prosecution has carries far more weight. This is a serious charge against your boyfriend that can send him off to prison so I would advise to gather whatever proof you can get that you bought the bullets and go to court to testify so he doesn't get packed off to prison.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2280 times