Got charged for assault first time, what are the penalties in Canada?

This is a discussion on Got charged for assault first time, what are the penalties in Canada? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; well, on february 10th i turned 18, on february 14th ( valentines day ) i ended up getting charged with ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 08:36 AM   #1
lkxversace's Flag is: Canada

Unhappy Got charged for assault first time, what are the penalties in Canada?

well, on february 10th i turned 18, on february 14th ( valentines day ) i ended up getting charged with robbery, that was my first offense ( never had problems with the police ), on april 15th, ( 2 months and 1 day ) i got charged with assault for beating up a guy who called my girlfriend a hoe, i spent 12 hours in a cell with 500 dollar bail and i breached one of my conditions that i got when i got the charge on the 14th, " i have to keep the peace " , so i got charged with a breach and an assault charge, well here comes the question, on the 29th of this month i have court, i have a lawyer by legal aid and i was wondering if im looking at jail time, I WANT real advice not something to make me scared or paranoid, and if i wasnt going to jail would i get community service hours???, my charge on the 14th is still in trial,, the guy i beat up didnt have any serious injuries ., thank you\
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE NICE, i think the guy is 18 years old that i beat up.
lkxversace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Got charged for assault first time, what are the penalties in Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkxversace View Post
well, on february 10th i turned 18, on february 14th ( valentines day ) i ended up getting charged with robbery, that was my first offense ( never had problems with the police ), on april 15th, ( 2 months and 1 day ) i got charged with assault for beating up a guy who called my girlfriend a hoe, i spent 12 hours in a cell with 500 dollar bail and i breached one of my conditions that i got when i got the charge on the 14th, " i have to keep the peace " , so i got charged with a breach and an assault charge, well here comes the question, on the 29th of this month i have court, i have a lawyer by legal aid and i was wondering if im looking at jail time, I WANT real advice not something to make me scared or paranoid, and if i wasnt going to jail would i get community service hours???, my charge on the 14th is still in trial,, the guy i beat up didnt have any serious injuries ., thank you\
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE NICE, i think the guy is 18 years old that i beat up.
Your legal aid lawyer can and should advise you of the consequences should you get convicted on each of these charges. That's the best advice you can get for he knows the charges and the sentences handed out in your jurisdiction.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
assualt breach robbery, legal aid

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 2083 times