Expunge or Seal Felony Charge - Illinois

This is a discussion on Expunge or Seal Felony Charge - Illinois within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; I was convicted of a Class 3 Felony charge of Theft over $300 but less than $10,000 in IL in ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Expunge or Seal Felony Charge - Illinois

I was convicted of a Class 3 Felony charge of Theft over $300 but less than $10,000 in IL in 2003. I had nothing prior, and nothing since. Can this be expunged or sealed in IL?
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Expunge or Seal Felony Charge - Illinois

I wish to inform you that you can have expungement of record in Illinois. In this regard under 20 Illinois Compiled Statutes 2630 5 you may have expungement if in the past 4 years you are not convicted in any offence. You may have to apply to court and obtain expungement order from court. As your conviction was in 2003, therefore, you may now apply and can have expungement.

AFF

Last edited by AFFA; Jun 9th, 2010 at 01:59 PM.
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Expunge or Seal Felony Charge - Illinois

I most certainly do appreciate your insight and verification. I shall get on it now. Can you please tell me where I might go to start this process? I'm sure there are many doccuments that need to be complerted and submitted.

Thank you, thank you.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1750 times