WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters > Fraud and bad check warning: Scott Burton, eBay seller, Best Buy Properties, Ohio

Fraud and bad check warning: Scott Burton, eBay seller, Best Buy Properties, Ohio

This is a discussion on Fraud and bad check warning: Scott Burton, eBay seller, Best Buy Properties, Ohio within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; Fraud and Property Scam Warning! Person below has sold property without having title. Taken funds and funds not returned. Also ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Fraud and bad check warning: Scott Burton, eBay seller, Best Buy Properties, Ohio

Fraud and Property Scam Warning!

Person below has sold property without having title. Taken funds and funds not returned. Also has bounced checks. Police reports being filed.

Scott Burton
Company name: Best Buy Properties
Address: 160 Vine St., Chilicothe, Ohio
Seller phone number: 740-779-3713

Purchsed below item. No deed can be issued. Requested refund. Had not received since August 29, 09.
Please advice.
$1 Starts. Ocala, FL 3/1 Concrete Blk. Home. NO RESERVE
High bid is all you pay to own this. Fix & Rent Out
Item condition: --
Ended: Aug 29, 200917:28:16 PDT
Bid history: 47 bids
NO RESERVE! STRAIGHT AUCTION!
Concrete Block House, Ocala, Florida!
ABSOLUTE AUCTION FOR FULL PRICE OF HOUSE AND LOT!
The High bid is all you pay to own this great property 100%.
Property Description:
1921 12th St. NW, Ocala, FL 34475
Marion County APN 2220-004-013
Single family, with 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. (720 sf)
Concrete block walls. Concrete slab foundation. Galvanized roof.
Built 1962
Electric heater
Lot size: 41 x 100
Annual Taxes: $578.28, paid to date
Additional Details:
This property is sold as is, where is. I have not been inside personally.
Transfer will be by warranty deed. No Liens or back taxes.
The property needs a full rehab. The inside has been mostly gutted. Figure new plumbing, electric, kitchen, etc. Great, solid structure to make into a nice little rental property in Sunny Florida!
Payment Terms (Please Read!) The high bidder must contact me within 24 hours or less. Payment must be made within 2 business days by certified check, money order or bank wire. I will have your deed prepared and recorded at no additional cost.
Note: Please allow 2-3 weeks for transfer.
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Fraud and bad check warning: Scott Burton, eBay seller, Best Buy Properties, Ohio

FRAUD WARNING

Name: Best Buy Properties, Inc. / Scott A. Burton, President
Phone: (866) 456-2073
Fax: (740) 835-4075
Address: 160 Vine St
Chillicothe, OH 45601-2414

He used this bank account to receive funds:

Bank Name: National City Bank
Account #: 988220109
Best Buy Properties, Inc.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Fraud and bad check warning: Scott Burton, eBay seller, Best Buy Properties, Ohio

The same thing happened to me. I bought a property from them on ebay, in October last year - still not been transferred to me - they told me 2-3 weeks! I also found out that they do not currently own the house, but have taken my money, and not refunded it! I just get lots of promises by email that it will be done "next week" or "within 10-14 days".

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Fraud and bad check warning: Scott Burton, eBay seller, Best Buy Properties, Ohio

The same thing has happened to me to. I bought a property from Best Buy Properties on Ebay, on November last year - the deeds have still has not been transferred - they had told me 14 days after auction ended that the deed would be transferred. And I also Have found out that they do not currently own the house, but they have taken my money anyway, I have emailed Scott Burton several times asking when are the deeds going to be recorded they keep on giving me some lame ass excuse. I am in the process of reporting him to the authorities.

Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Unregistered

Yes check out what type off real estate this person is selling, article about Scott Burton from Best Buy Properties LLC, I would say You would have to be Crazy to buy anything from this individual.

Some Finding Perils in Online Real Estate (nytimes.com)

Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 01:02 AM   #6
Unregistered

The guy is a fraud and a scam. If you can get him arrested I would be glad to help you with my story from 2005.

Will email you.

Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 08:25 AM   #7
Unregistered

Not for nothing, but anyone believing this person's ad would have to have a few screws loose anyway, as buying property is a complex process, and cannot be done over the internet on ebay. Realtors and lawyers are involved, as well as title companies, home inspectors, appraisers, etc. And that is BEFORE the land is actually bought. There is the closing, which consists of a mountain of legal paperwork. Property is not bought by bidding on it sight unseen, and it surely is transferred after a check is received in the mail. There is much more to it than that.

Anyone who got scammed by this person deserved what they got, as they obviously did not do their homework when it comes to the long, complex process of buying real estate.

Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 08:27 AM   #8
Unregistered

That is meant to read is NOT transferred simply by a check in the mail.

Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 10:41 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not for nothing, but anyone believing this person's ad would have to have a few screws loose anyway, as buying property is a complex process, and cannot be done over the internet on ebay. Realtors and lawyers are involved, as well as title companies, home inspectors, appraisers, etc. And that is BEFORE the land is actually bought. There is the closing, which consists of a mountain of legal paperwork. Property is not bought by bidding on it sight unseen, and it surely is transferred after a check is received in the mail. There is much more to it than that.

Anyone who got scammed by this person deserved what they got, as they obviously did not do their homework when it comes to the long, complex process of buying real estate.

This Burton guy is a fraud I agree, selling what he does not have.

But buying property does not have to be that complicated. A good realtor or attorney can smooth the process easily.

Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 01:04 PM   #10
Unregistered

But a realtor wasn't involved and neither is an attorney. The advertiser even acknowledged he'd never even been inside the property.

A person cannot expect to send a check to a total stranger on ebay and truly expect a complex transaction like buying real estate to be legitimate. It simply does not happen that way.

Buying property IS a complex, if not, many times, complicated in nature. It's not a quick, smooth transaction that takes place merely overnight.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 115 replies and has been viewed 23285 times